Looking to have reconstruction surgery

stephiepoof1
on 4/16/14 9:18 am - Linwood, PA

I live in Pa and this July it will be 6 years since my gastric bypass. I have Aetna insurance and was wondering if anyone else that has the same insurance and had reconstruction surgery. Was everything or anything covered by insurance? Thanks for the help.

jeterway
on 4/16/14 10:54 am

I had some reconstruction done that was covered but it was by way of a prophylactic mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen.  I have the brca1 gene mutation.  It covered most of a tummy tuck.  The only part that I had to pay for was the lipo.  I have had other work done but paid out of pocket.  I really had no skin rashes to justify applying for coverage.  You can check out the plastic surgery forum to learn about what can be done.  I had my plastics done by the University of Pennsylvania.  They have both the surgical center and the hospital.  Most procedures are done in the surgical center as same day surgery to help keep costs lower.  Their prices were reasonable and their skills are amazing.  They do accept insurance if it is available.

stephiepoof1
on 4/16/14 11:27 am - Linwood, PA

Thank you! I do get rashes between my folds and under my breast. I have also gotten yeast infection in my belly button. I also have a lot of issues with my back. I get a lot of pain in my back. I see a chiropractor, I go to a rheumatologist, and aqua therapy but still have a lot of pain. Just hoping they will cover a tummy tuck and breast reduction. 

Most Active