"This is why I'm fat" - Long term healing

Kathy8429
on 4/19/14 12:46 am

I was on high dose steroids and gained 100 lbs. my best friend told me to get a tshirt that said "being fat is not my fault" and then loan it to her. 

Your story made me think of that

this is a good thread

Jen Lyn
on 4/19/14 4:48 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I gained weight when I joined Weigh****chers because I started eating deserts after hearing how great they were. That is on me.

I didn't attend TOPS or OA because I was too ashamed.

I can't believe how HUGE I was.  Still am for a shorty.  No wonder people were shocked and others thought I had given up.

I was told I would lose weight on several different pills. I NEVER DID. Clearly I was eating constantly, though small amounts and lots of liquid.

I could totally see myself eating a few bites every hour I am awake even now. It is a mental battle mostly.

kaytiebugs
on 4/21/14 5:12 am - Flowery Branch, GA

I follow some Weigh****chers members on Instagram and it KILLS me to see them constantly posting all these treats that are perfectly acceptable on their plan. And it seems like so many of the meals have way too many carbs. I've never done WW so I'm just judging on what I see. For a morbidly obese person, carbs really are the enemy! Plus, finding acceptable junk food to fill the void does nothing to correct the root problem (filling our voids with food in general).

kaytiebugs
on 4/21/14 5:13 am - Flowery Branch, GA

Thanks everyone for these wonderful suggestions!! This is going to be a hard battle but it's happening no matter what.

Most Active