I had my first Appt.!!!!

Katherine2014
on 4/24/14 1:14 am

Everything went well. I'm so excited! Got to do the scope next in a few weeks. They took blood, chest x-ray. Blow in a bag to check h-piloria. Food and vitamins talk. Protein powder talk. Hopefull be doing my sleeve in the next month!!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/24/14 1:29 am
RNY on 12/18/13

It is exciting, isn't it? Congratulations to you for taking charge of your health and your life! I hope everything goes smoothly and that your surgery comes up quickly.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Katherine2014
on 4/24/14 12:52 pm

Thank you!!

AnneGG
on 4/24/14 2:03 am

Glad for you! I'm very grateful to my surgery.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Katherine2014
on 4/24/14 12:52 pm

Thank you!!

JJ0609
on 4/24/14 10:11 pm

Do you have your vitamins? You might want to buy the following: Citrical Petites, Multivitamins and minerals with iron, and b-12 sublingual, and stool softners. Make sure your multivitamins have minerals and iron. Your body will need iron as most of us become anemic and the stool softners are a given. The citrical petites are the smallest calcium and vitamin d tablets that I have found. Some people begin taking hair, nails, and skin around month 3 because your hair may begin falling out then. But it will fall out probably. do not panic. It is because of the surgery and the shock your body is going through just keep your protein up during that time especially. FYI!

I would bring a pillow to the hospital for the holding on your stomach while moving in and out of the bed and for the ride home. It helps a lot! Also I brought a picture of my family to look at so I did not miss them while they were away from in the hospital! We are very close!

Let me recommend some ready made shakes since you do not want to buy a big tub of protein since your tastes are going to change between now and after surgery and that would be a waste of money. Just a word of warning!  If you can find a Shell mart (gas station) try Muscle Milk Pro series 40 Mint chocolate overload 40 and intense vanilla. They have 40 grams of protein. That is half your protein for the day! They also have the regular Muscle Milk that Walmart has Bananas and Crème, Vanilla, Chocolate, Stawberries and Crème, Cookies and Crème which have 22 (20) grams of protein. Walmart has some other ready made shakes like Atkins Café Caramel, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry ; Six Star Vanilla  and chocolate which are good.   Hope these tips help!        

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Katherine2014
on 4/25/14 12:05 am

Thank you so much!!

Most Active