Need help on best way to shrink my Pouch

Amy R.
on 6/8/14 8:02 am

I don't know about physically shrinking it without more surgery, but if you've been eating more than is optimal for you and have gotten used to larger portions you definitely can re-acclimate yourself to being satiated with smaller meals.

All it takes is purposely and intentionally reducing your intake back to the proper level for several weeks.  You will find you can once again be satisfied with less food. I know that works, because I've been able to do it for myself. 

But I think it's more re-training your "full" sensor than it is actually materially shrinking your pouch.  And odds are that although your pouch has grown some, it's still nowhere near the size of your pre-op stomach.  I too am a little over five years out and had an endoscopy a couple months ago showing my pouch to still be quite tiny.

Can I ask why yoiu're asking? Have you had re-gain?

AlaskanSnowflower
on 6/8/14 9:26 am - Anchorage, AK

I haven't regained the weight but I seem to get hungry more often. Maybe I'm not eating the right amount during meals.  I need to take a better look at meal planning.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts .

White Dove
on 6/8/14 7:02 pm - Warren, OH

For me dieting is going below 900 calories a day and maintenance is staying at 1400 calories a day.  Sometimes I have to go back to dieting.  Only calorie reduction takes off weight for me. 

Before surgery, I could have gone on a diet and lost five pounds in a week.  Now I am more likely to drop 1/2 pound a week and am thrilled if I drop one pound.  I accept that a ten pound regain will mean at least ten weeks of dieting, probably fifteen.  There are no five day miracles.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active