RNY'ers.. when to add more?

MrsD68
on 6/12/14 12:25 am

I am 2 months out, and I am eating ALL Protein, since I hate protein shakes.. I focus on eating PROTEIN only.. greek yogurt, meat, whatever. I dont eat carbs.. I am just wondering at what point do you add in "other" stuff. After 2 oz of meat/protein I am full.. so I know I am not ready "yet".. just wondering. 

poet_kelly
on 6/12/14 1:24 am - OH

Greek yogurt has carbs.  You add "more" when you have room for more.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsD68
on 6/13/14 11:42 pm

I meant no "bread/pasta/rice type stuff"... I know Yogurt has some carbs.. I should have been more clear...

burghblonde
on 6/12/14 9:41 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I was told in my 5th and 6th weeks to start working in foods a little at a time to gear back toward a normal diet, which begins on week 7. This being my 5th week I had a somewhat normal dinner this evening of oven roasted chicken (2 oz), Mashed potatoes (1 TBSP) and spinach (2 TBSP). With breakfast and lunch added to this I got in 65 grams of protein and was shockingly surprised that everything sat very well in my tummy. My plan likes 60-80 protein daily and a minimum of 64 oz of fluid (preferably upwards of that number). I just focus on fluids first, protein next and bites of good for you foods after. You'll get there...baby steps!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

MrsD68
on 6/13/14 11:48 pm

Hmmm.... my surgery date was April 15th, I can only manage to eat JUST protein mainly... I cannt STAND the protein shakes.. BUT if I MUST get a boost, I like Core Power light, it has 20 gr protein, I hate muscle milk... UGH. I did eat 1/4 of a Wendys small salad.. I was surprised that I could eat the lettuce, but I ate the "good stuff" first, the meat, and cheese, and the few little strawberries I could find.. It went well... I have tried to eat small amount of mashed potatoes, but end up feeling too full.. I am living on greek yogurt, the danon light and fit, it is low cal and taste good.. I am guessing you weigh out your food?? I have a scale, and I have gotten good at eyeballing most amounts of meat, but still measure when I am unsure. I am ready to try something other than just meat.. LOL but I guess my pouch is picky... I cannot tolerate hamburger... so I rely on fish, chicken.. seafood.. anyways, THANKS for the reply....

Most Active