I posted this in the Idaho forum...CRICKETS, sir.

Kim W.
on 6/23/14 11:58 pm

Hi. My name is Kim, and while I've been lurking around here for a couple of months, I only signed up yesterday. I'm still jumping through the last of the hoops I need to before submitting to insurance. You would think that with all this jumping I'd already be thin. I have Blue Cross, Southwest Silver, and have been told by my surgeon's office that I'll most likely be denied. I'm using Dr. Korn. I'd like to know what experiences others have had regarding insurance approval.

"Too weird to live, too rare to die." HST

Hislady
on 6/24/14 3:22 am - Vancouver, WA

It depends entirely on which policy you have and whether they cover bariatric surgery. If they cover it and you have completed all the requirements then there is no reason for them to deny it. IF they do then you appeal the decision and have your surgeon do a peer to peer call. They can't deny you for no reason, maybe they tell everyone that so they won't be discouraged if they are denied at first. Seems to me they wouldn't go thru all the work of filing for coverage if they knew ahead of time that it was going to be denied!

poet_kelly
on 6/24/14 7:00 am - OH

Why do they think you'll be denied?  Does your policy cover WLS?  If so, do you meet their guidelines for covering it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active