Day 2 of Pre Op liquid diet....I need ideas

emckechnie
on 7/9/14 1:47 pm - West Sacramento, CA

Since you won't be eating cake and ice cream after the surgery anyway, it's time to redefine your birthday! Why not tell everyone that you want lots of flowers and balloons to celebrate instead of food? Go to an arcade or amusement park to celebrate (in other words, some activity that requires doing something rather than eating and talking). I've been telling my husband for years that I'd rather have a lovely bouquet than a box of candy and he's listening (and I've gotten some pretty impressive bouquets!).

Years ago when I was maintaining a large weight loss, some friends of mine celebrated my birthday by making a large, round tray of salad with every kind of veggie known to man! They had tomatoes cut into halves, cut side up, and put a candle in each tomato half. Best birthday 'cake' I ever had!

luvmygrls85
on 7/9/14 9:19 pm - North Prince George , VA

Thanks for the advice that idea about salad is great for after I have the surgery. I managed to make it through my birthday without cheating. I enjoyed some nice "me" time and got a pedicure and went to the book store and picked myself up a new book. I did express to my family that cake was not an option but having young children that don't quite understand what I'm going through kind of got in the way of that....my mom (who has had gastric bypass) went out and got a cake and mini cupcakes for the kids to eat for me. She did also buy me a nice bouquet of flowers and I wasn't even tempted to have some cake....I guess I've just finally got to the point where I desire a healthier me over the food.

I do plan on redefining my birthday and making it a time to go on a new Adventure !!!! Next year I'm thinking a trip to Europe with lots of sight seeing. 

One really good thing is my co-workers who know about what I'm going through suprised me with a jello ring and balloons tied to a jar of crystal light packets and a Gift Card for a mani pedi and one to the movies. So overall it was a very successful birthday!!!

Timothy S.
on 7/9/14 9:35 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Good to see you stayed strong!

"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

Most Active