Day 2 of Pre Op liquid diet....I need ideas

luvmygrls85
on 7/6/14 6:33 am - North Prince George , VA

My surgery is July 18th I've started my liquid diet and the first day went ok. Even managed to attend a big 4th of July blowout with out "cheating". Today I am feeling pretty drained ....not really hungry but like I have zero energy :-( I'm having my 5 protein shakes plus plenty of water and sugar free Popsicles and sugar free jello and broth....not really sure what other options I have.... Tomorrow is my birthday though and everyone wants to do something to celebrate ...for my family that means food and cake....I can't really skip my own birthday so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

TexasTerritory
on 7/6/14 6:52 am, edited 7/6/14 6:53 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Having surgery calls for making tough decisions. Sorry your birthday celebration falls in the midst of your pre-op but happy birthday.

I stuck to my pre-op plan just as I have stuck to my post-op plan. There are a lot of celebrations which center around food. Learn to celebrate without consuming food off of your plan.

You'll love your new normal. The liquid diet phases are the roughest. It does get better. Good luck.

Amy K.
on 7/6/14 6:57 am - Tucson, AZ

My pre-op diet included greek yogurt vanilla, V8 Low Sodium, & 1% cottage cheese to name a few.  

Also, hubby's birthday fell during my pre-op liquid diet time and 4th of July with 2 parties in post-op.  Its a decision and like the other poster said there will always be events centered around food so it best to just learn to deal with them sooner rather than later.  My friends and family were very supportive and after the first couple days on the pre-op liquids I no longer had my mouth watering at the site or smell of food.  Good luck!

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

poet_kelly
on 7/6/14 6:58 am - OH

If your family wants to celebrate your birthday with you, ask them to skip the food and cake and do something like go see a movie or take a walk together.

I don't know what other options you have on your pre-op diet, either, since I don't know what your surgeon's pre-op diet consists of.  If you're not sure, call the office in the morning and ask.  I had a list of things I was allowed to have but my surgeon's plan might have been different than yours.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gwen M.
on 7/6/14 7:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You can skip your own birthday.  Or you can put your foot down about how you want to celebrate instead of letting your family dictate this.  Go for a walk together as a family.  Go see a movie (unless that's triggery due to the food - I never get movie food).  Go to the library together, or a museum.  Replace food celebration with a fun activity instead.  

I found that life got better around the 3rd or 4th day of my liquid diet.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poet_kelly
on 7/6/14 8:11 am - OH

Yeah, now that I think about it, doing something where food is not readily available might be better than a movie.  A museum would be good.  Nobody eats in a museum, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gwen M.
on 7/6/14 9:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Not if they know what's appropriate!  ;)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Fivepack
on 7/7/14 7:50 am

You & I are on the same schedule.  My sleeve is scheduled for july21st.  I started yesterday.  This is not going to be easy.

Fivepack

luvmygrls85
on 7/7/14 8:24 am - North Prince George , VA

Today has been much better thankfully I need to increase my water intakevery because this dizzy feeling is no joke! Hang in there day 3 is just around the corner for you to.

hollykim
on 7/8/14 9:08 am, edited 7/8/14 9:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you can't skip your birthday but you can. Certainly skip any celebration that includes off plan foods. They cant make you go,after all,right?

Most Active