vertical sleeve pureed stage

Mrszpinkert
on 7/5/14 3:52 pm

Has anyone ate babyfood for the pureed stage or at all post op? Just wondering if that could be an option?

BASIMAH02
on 7/6/14 2:29 am - IL

I, myself, have never eaten the baby food but they are an option at this stage. I too am on the post-op pureed stage and have been pretty much eating creamed soups, protein shakes, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream of wheat...etc. I try to stay on top of my dairy options for the calcium. I did try scrambled eggs which were fine except the gas was horrible. So I take gas-x pills before I eat anything that could cause gas. These food options worked well for me. My big struggle is trying to drink water all day... I have never been a big water drinker.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

Mrszpinkert
on 7/6/14 2:38 am

OK thank you! I am still pre op two and a half weeks out but trying to get my options now. I've never tried like the carrots or peas baby food just the Hawaiian delight like the dessert kind I actually like them haha 

Cheryl H.
on 7/6/14 3:31 am - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

Once you've gotten your protein in, there's the pears and squash in a pouch that's nice and good to keep around to curb your sweet tooth in a healthy manner.  I don't think I could eat the straight veggies but this gets you veggies and a fruit without added sugar or unnessesary carbs.   I'm still pre-op but asked my nutritionist about using baby food for options.

I really like the idea of refried beans!  (Texan here!)  Good luck!  

Mrszpinkert
on 7/6/14 4:08 am

Awesome thank you! I'm going grocery shopping this week for everything I need so wanted to ask if anyone has tried it before I go ahead

Tracy D.
on 7/6/14 11:48 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I bought some baby food prior to surgery because I thought it was a great idea...and then I never ate one spoonful of it.  It just didn't sound appetizing and since the focus was on getting protein all the jars of baby veggies and fruit were pretty worthless to me.  And potted meat is just NASTY!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active