Did anyone's surgery help with fibromyalgia?

psychnursejenn
on 7/14/14 5:37 pm

With all the other things it's supposed to help with, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, hypertension, etc. I was just curious as to if this helped anyone's fibro?

thanks

Jenn

Mary Gee
on 7/14/14 8:19 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Jenn, I don't have an answer to your question - but just wanted to let you know there is a board relating solely to Fibromyalgia - it's under Medical Conditions.  You might find answers to some of your questions there.

Good luck!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Thinknthin
on 7/14/14 10:22 pm

I have noticed with my fibro, I still have my bad days but it has helped them not to be as bad and they don't last as long where before I would be unable to do things for a few days at a time.  The severity of pain is not as debilitating and it's easier to push through. Don't get me wrong the pain is still there, it is just not the same. I personally do not regret having my rny, my quality of life has improved sooo much.   

Harleygirl2
on 7/14/14 10:30 pm - Redlynch, Australia

Yes, my Fibro lessened by 80%

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/15/14 4:30 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 14 years old and subsequently three times since then (I am 43 now) -- I had become so use to the underlying pain that I think that I just thought it was normal.

So, to answer your question, I want to say "yes" but with an explanation.  The surgery "cured" my diabetes and high blood pressure nearly immediately.  It was measurable and within a week or two of the actual surgery.  So, for these things, I would say surgery "helped" my diabetes and HBP.  For the fibromyalgia, the relief has been over time and an unexpected benefit.  It is harder to measure, since it is only by symptoms and not measurable by a test.  I think the weight loss and accompanying increase in physical activity has been the main reason that symptoms have been abated.  Thus, WLS has improved my fibromyalgia that way.  

Much like the PP, it's improved by 80 to 90%.  I hope you have the same benefits!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

pamela258
on 7/15/14 4:43 am
with
I have systemic lupus and fibromyalgia. I was going to the hospital once a month to get benlysta infusion it was so bad prior to surgery. Since then, 11 months out, no infusions, both conditions have improved 90% and I only take arava once a day for lupus and 1 trazadone at night to help me sleep for the fibromyalgia.

RNY - 8/12/2013

Most Active