lower back pain

MKing214
on 7/17/14 3:54 am - omaha, NE

has anyone exp. cobstant back pain after surg? thats

the onky thing my painmeds dobt help with..any suggesions  wld be great had open ds on july 9th

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 7/17/14 4:22 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes I did. I went to a chripractor (sp) He told me this was common after rapid weight loss. He said my spine was still where it was before I lost weight. He did some adjustments and I feel better. You are new so I am not sure. I would say call the dr since you just had it a couple of weeks ago.

56sunShine14
on 7/17/14 5:09 am

That is something I would NEVER have thought of on my own!  And with the spinal issues I have, will be important for me to remember after surgery. Thank you so much for bringing it up and for answering!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 7/17/14 11:05 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

You're welcome it was really bad pain and I thought losing over a hundred would rid me of back pain. When the doctor explained it to me I was astounded. It made sense though.

Racewalker48
on 7/17/14 5:33 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I would caution you into assuming that the WLS and the back pain are related.  They may or may not be.  Low back pain as a symptom can be related to a lot of other disorders.  I had low back pain before surgery and it continues after surgery and a loss of 60 lbs.  As it turns out, I have facet joint syndrome and will be getting injections next week for the pain.  Sounds like this is really bothering you, so it might be prudent to see a healthcare professional.  My surgeon suggested to me that weight gain and subsequent rapid weight loss can affect how you use your muscles before and after surgery, and can contribute to some associated muscle strain and pain.  Without a physician's evaluation, you won't really know for sure.  Good luck to you.  Low back pain can be pretty intense.  

Gwen M.
on 7/17/14 6:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I did. It was a kidney stone. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

eternitymed7
on 7/22/14 9:11 pm

Its normal, my surgeon at the Eternity Medical Centre in Dubai said so , as I have this same problem after my weight loss surgery. It went away after about 2 weeks. I had to take it easy and lie gentle on the bed, it was very uncomfortable. Go easy on the painkillers though.

The Dubai health screening center is the best solution for health and beauty

Most Active