Exercise Issue

bulldog76ss
on 7/17/14 10:25 pm - OH

I have lost a good deal of weight, very close to 200#.  I purchased some time ago a really good recumbent exercise bike.  I am now well with in its weight limit and want to use it.  Here's the problem.  Because of all the hanging skin in all the wrong places, I can not keep my feet on the pedals.  Can't get my legs together enough to line up with them.  I have problems walking long distances because of some feet / balance issues and the bike would provide a great workout.  Has anyone had this problem and may know a simple fix?  I have try straps and extension boards on the pedals but am to the point of getting a machine shop friend of mine to machine new pedals / cranks to spread them apart. I know this is a very unusual post but I am sure some of the members, especially the ones that started out as big as me have had this issue.  Anyway, any input would be helpful....THANKS!

SW 561# SugW 511# CW 365

Cathy W.
on 7/17/14 11:54 pm

I don't know of a fix for your bike but I'm sure someone will.

I wanted to reply to you to congratulate you on your amazing weight loss.  Way to go! 

Amy D.
on 7/18/14 12:38 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Congrats on your success so far! You're doing a fabulous job!

I haven't used a recumbent bike before so I don't have any advice from personal experience, but have you thought about contacting the manufacturer to see if they have some suggestions or add-on parts? Otherwise, I think having your machine shop friend work on the pedals might be your best bet.

Good on ya for working to find a solution instead of just giving up! I hope you get something figured out soon so you can get moving!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
jenorama
on 7/18/14 4:32 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Have you tried cycling capris?  They are spandex and should act like Spanx for your thighs and keep everything all tight and controlled.  I ride a traditional bike and if I wear my bike shorts, my thighs will bulge and rub together, but I don't have the problem with the capris.  See if you can bring your bike with you when you try them on and do some experimental sitting to see if it will be a viable solution.  

Let us know how it turns out!

Jen

bulldog76ss
on 7/20/14 9:46 am - OH

I will look into a garment of this type, however the problem is not my legs but my pannis.  I just hope I don't have to wait until I get my excess skin removed.  Thanks!

bulldog76ss
on 7/20/14 9:43 am - OH

Thanks for the input, I am going to try and contact Schwinn and see if they can help. Keep after it everyone!!

Most Active