Anyone with CareFirst BCBS? How long did it take you to get your answer re: approval?...

nonsenseprecious
on 7/17/14 3:16 am, edited 7/18/14 7:52 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Hi! I am in the DC metro area (NoVA) and we have CareFirst BlueChoice (VA state employees). I was told that they received my documentation (nutrionist vists, letters, psych eval., etc.) from my surgeon's office, and I'm wondering how long it might take to get answer. The coordinator at the surgeon's practical told me that they're usually pretty quick, but of course, I am nervous as hell, and am wondering how long it took other people to hear from them. Many thanks!

bwood78
on 7/17/14 3:27 am
with

I also have CareFirst BCBS and am in NoVa. I am having mine done at iNova Fair Oaks and just finished the psych eval this Tuesday and was called today to schedule my surgery for August 19th. Official approval hasn't come through but the office admin said she expected it by tomorrow. Good luck.   

nonsenseprecious
on 7/17/14 3:36 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Thank you so much! I have a surgery date--August 14 at VHC--and the coordinator seemed to think everything would go through, but...well, you know. Perhaps our files are on the same desk someplace! :) 

Most Active