Special K protein drink ???

Reginab
on 7/25/14 2:59 am

Does anyone know if you can drink the Special K protein drinks after surgery,..180 calories, 5 fat grams, 18 sugar and 10 PROTEIN, MY SURGERY IS AUGUST 4th,... So excited yet really nervous 

Patm
on 7/25/14 4:21 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I would not drink it. It has far too much sugar. The highest I ever go is about 4-5 gr. Perhaps try some protein drinks that have 15-30 grs of protein

Reginab
on 7/25/14 4:39 am

Yeah I kinda thought that was hi, I think I'm going to stick to the unjury 

thanks

jenorama
on 7/25/14 4:46 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

The program I went through advised us to look for double digits of protein and single digits of sugar when evaluating protein drinks.  I try to stick with ones that have 15g or more of protein.  I've found that most mainstream grocery store brands don't meet this criteria, so I usually look around at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

Good luck with your surgery!

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/14 4:47 am

can you? yes you can .. but should you? probably not, will that much sugar get you sick?> who knows...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Reginab
on 7/25/14 4:50 am

Kinda figured it was a no no lol I'll stick to the unjury someone told me the Special K are good but with that much sugar is probably why it's good lol

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 4:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Others are equally good tasting and much higher in protein without all the sugar - that one would make me queasy for sure and I'm over 8 years out. Not sure if you have access to Premier proteins shakes but they are ready-to-drink, great stats, and delicious.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kate -True Brit
on 7/25/14 4:54 am - UK

Rather depends on which surgery you had and how fast you want lose weight. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Reginab
on 7/25/14 5:00 am

I'm having sleeve, august 4

MyKidsMom89
on 7/25/14 5:10 am

Forgive me for going off topic, but I'm having a difficult time with the protein drink. ( It makes me gag ) So today, I mixed it in with my coffee and found it palatable. Is this a good idea, or should I keep searching for a flavor I can tolerate.  I am having my procedure in August-no date yet-but I'm trying to find a way to tolerate these.  Thanks for any advice!

Most Active