Looking into the Gastric Sleeve

Jenerator75
on 8/1/14 9:30 am

I am looking into having the sleeve done, soon. I have struggled for years with my weight after having my daughter 12years ago. I have lost weight and gained it all the time. I am almost 40 and its much harder now to keep it off. I have also ran a half marathon and only lost 10lbs which was so frustrating. My insurance will cover this procedure so I am really wanting to. I am nervous because its a huge thing to decide to do. I hate the idea of going under and not waking up, which can happen if I decide to drive my car I know. I am looking for success stories with this surgery and any bad that may happen. I know some people that have had this done and have had a lot of success.  I have been having some really bad insomnia and panic attacks lately from being so overweight which has made me look into doing something about this quickly! My body just hurts and I want to live! I do have mitro-valve prolapse and a murmur which scares me going under.  I know a lot of prayer will get me thru this. I am hoping everyone on here can give me some good feedback about this surgery. Thank you

Gwen M.
on 8/1/14 11:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

A lot of compliance and hard work will also help!  

If you haven't already, you should check out the VSG forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/ - it's where the folks who are having/have had VSG tend to hang out.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active