Milk? Or Not?

Neid
on 8/7/14 3:34 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/18/14

Okay, So recently I found out I couldn't have dairy products anymore,

being a dairy lover, I found out how  hard that is  to take in knowing from surgery I became Lactose intolerance,

Can anyone give me any ideas or advice on how to over come this obstacle in my path?

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/14 4:16 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

try lactose free milk.  I have been lactose intolerant since surgery and lactose free products are not so bad!!!

Regards,

Kelly

Neid
on 8/7/14 4:56 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/18/14

Thank you so much, I will try that out asap,

jenorama
on 8/7/14 5:53 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

When I was on an all shake and pre-packaged entree diet several years ago, the amount of dairy I was taking in became an issue, but Lactaid tablets helped a lot.  

Jen

poet_kelly
on 8/7/14 6:20 am - OH

Try raw milk if you want cow's milk.  Many people with lactose intolerance can tolerate it because it contains the enzyme lactase which is needed to digest the lactose.  Pasteurizing milk destroys the lactase.

Try Lactaid brand milk, which is designed for people with lactose intolerance.

Use soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MsBatt
on 8/7/14 7:19 am

Have you tried the Lactaid tablets? Also, most hard cheeses have no lactose in them.

Lactose intolerance after WLS happens because suddenly we have so much less active stomach tissue. That's where lactase, the enzyme which breaks down lactose (milk sugar) is produced. Over time, some peoples' bodies adjust and they can digest lactose again.

hollykim
on 8/7/14 7:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

could I ask had you are liking you mini bypass? How is your weight loss . Don't hear much from those who have had it and inquiring minds like to know. :) thx

Most Active