New Dr. wants to remove Fobi rings!

LeeLeeLee
on 8/7/14 3:55 am

My surgeon retired. I found a new doctor because I was very concerned about gradual weight gain over the last 4 year (8 years post-op) and vomiting from eating meats. My new doctor wants to remove my rings. He said that it will help me eat meat, but I am afraid of gaining more weight. He said that this is a possibility and after 6-12 months we can revisit a revision.

The vomiting is inconvenient sometimes, but I have become a pro at handling it when it happens. I really was only complaining about the vomiting because I wanted an excuse for a revision for my insurance company. I went from 350lbs. to 165 to 233. I have plateaued here for the last year, but this plateau comes with only eating an average of 1200-1500 calories per day. On days that I exercise, I will allow myself up to 1800 calories per day. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio (jogging or elliptical) 3 times per week and weights 2-3 times per week. I count every calorie in an app. I have even taken to meal replacements, medifast or protein shakes, for lunch to help get things moving. Nothing.

Has anyone removed their ring? I am so afraid to do this!

MsBatt
on 8/7/14 7:31 am

I have a number of people here who developed some severe problems with a Fobi ring. Intractable vomiting as other things.

What sort of revision are you wanting to have? Pretty much any revision you get will involve removing your Fobi ring. Obviously your regain is NOT because of a stretched stoma, since that's what the Fobi ring is for---keeping your stoma from stretching.

Have you researched getting a revision from your RNY to a true DS? This is a VERY different thing from getting an RNY revised to an ERNY.

Have you been logging your food? I see you count calories, but how many grams of carbs are you eating? Protein? Fat?

Most Active