Having second thoughts.....

auntturtle
on 8/13/14 10:21 am

I am seeing horror stories from people on here about skin removal. 90% of what I read people are saying they hate the way their bodies look!!!! This is crazy!!!!! Sooo confused!!!!!

One day at a time. We can all do this! 

Do something today that your future self

will thank you for.

kheinz
on 8/13/14 12:04 pm
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Is this about getting healthier for you or is it about looking better?  I will take extra skin if it the price to pay for being healthy!

auntturtle
on 8/13/14 2:29 pm

Its definitely about getting healthy! I like how I look now!!! I do not have low self esteem. I just think reading those stories on here freaked me out. 

will thank you for.

hollykim
on 8/14/14 3:04 am, edited 8/14/14 3:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM Pacific Time, auntturtle wrote:

Its definitely about getting healthy! I like how I look now!!! I do not have low self esteem. I just think reading those stories on here freaked me out. 

you will have to decide if getting healthy or liking how you look now is more important to you,because, chances are,there will be some loose skin issues somewhere. 

90% of what I read on this board is ppl who are thrilled with the results of their surgeries!loose skin or not.

poet_kelly
on 8/13/14 12:07 pm - OH

Really, 90% of what you read is people saying they  hate the way their bodies look?  Then it seems like you're reading some pretty biased materials.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

auntturtle
on 8/13/14 2:31 pm

It was on this site. Like I told the person above you I just got freaked out. Im going to make an apt with the surgeon and talk with him.

will thank you for.

Mary Gee
on 8/13/14 1:40 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

At this point, you don't have to even think about skin removal.  Instead, focus on how much better you'll feel as your health improves.

For me, my insurance will cover the breast reduction and pannectomy if I meet their criteria, but no tummy tuck, or removal of bat wings, etc.  Guess I won't be wearing sleeveless blouses or shorts.  But that's okay.  I already feel like a million bucks and I'm only half-way to goal.

I'm sure you'll learn a lot more as you familiarize yourself with these boards.  99% of the people here are happy with the results of their WLS and would do it again at the drop of their hat.

Good luck to you!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

auntturtle
on 8/13/14 2:32 pm

Thank you. That makes me feel much better

will thank you for.

MyLady Heidi
on 8/13/14 4:46 pm

Most womyn hate the way their body looks for one reason or another.  Plastics cured my hatred of my extra skin.  I am nearly 50 years old with a perfectly flat stomach and amazing curves.  My body looks better now then it did when I was 20.  

QoftheU
on 8/16/14 7:15 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Hey Heidi!

I don't understand what "womyn" means.  Does it mean more than a "woman"?  This is an honest question... I've never heard it before.  

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active