Having second thoughts.....

TexasTerritory
on 8/14/14 2:40 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Love your perspective

Eggface
on 8/14/14 1:07 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Anytime you have more than 100+ of excess weight to lose you will have some distortion of the skin... the degree varies and it may not be enough for you to need/want to do anything about it... the skin I was left with affected me emotionally (and physically) more than I thought it would and I chose to get what I could get removed. You could start saving now for plastic surgery... every week put what you can away so in a few years when/if it's an issue for you you can do something about it... if it's not an issue I'm sure you will find ways to spend your pile o' cash ;) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

The Salty Hag
on 8/14/14 1:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

To be completely honest, I do have moments when I get a little sad about my loose skin, but for the most part, I'm THRILLED beyond words to be able to fit that skin into size 8 jeans, a few size 6s ( Thank you, Michael Kors for running big. ), and small and medium tops. I wear shape wear to smooth and contour the lumps and bumps. I can wear very light support shape wear now and still look pretty good.

I echo what Valerie said, I think I can compare myself to other women my age who have popped out some kids. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Laura in Texas
on 8/14/14 1:58 am

So you are having second thoughts about having weight loss surgery because of the possibility of loose skin?? Most of us have it to some degree but the overwhelming majority of us are thrilled with the weight loss even if we have loose skin. My highest weight was close to yours but I am a lot older. I had a ton of loose skin after losing 200 pounds. Honestly, it did drive me crazy. I have had some plastic surgery and have learned how to live with the rest of my loose skin. I love myself now and would have weight loss surgery again in a heartbeat.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

auntturtle
on 8/14/14 2:26 am

No its not the loose skin that freaked me out. It was the horror stories. The pictures of the bad plastic surgery. I am doing this for health reasons. Not to be able to wear a bikini. I understand that not everyone has the same results. It just freaked me out when I seen all those. 

One day at a time. We can all do this! 

Do something today that your future self

will thank you for.

Eggface
on 8/14/14 3:38 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Remember that you will see more threads about issues/complications on a message board, people seeking advice or answers from others... posting "I love my new boobs" or "you can bounce a quarter on my belly" probably wouldn't go over to well ;) LOL though I have seen a few of those posts.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

HFA70
on 8/14/14 2:44 am

I think you really need to decide what is most important for you.  There will always be horror stories to go along with the successful ones.  Personally, I had self image issues prior to losing over 100 lbs and have new ones, however,  I LOVE the way I feel, I love the energy I have and the new life I am living. I am willing to live with some loose skin.  I FEEL amazing!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 8/14/14 5:22 am - MI

Personally I'd rather feel great and know I'm healthy than worry about some lose skin or looking differently! I want quality of life and having surgery and using the tool will give me that!!

ButterflyAna
on 8/14/14 5:48 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I just had my pannis removed in May. My surgeon cut off 24 pounds of skin. I dropped from a size 16 to a size 12 and I am still swollen. My surgeon said that my body will continue to change and get smaller over the next year. I had complications and a large lump has formed under my skin. The dr said it is scar tissue. I am happy with the overall results. My stomach is almost completely flat.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Most Active