Excited and nervous...

immacellogirl
on 8/18/14 7:12 am - Canada

Hi OH world,

This is my first post to the site and Im still exploring... I just wanted to tell someone I got an info session booked for October. I told my friends but they did not seem to get how exciting this is for me. I have been overweight since I was little and at my peak I was 335 lbs. I have tried so many diets and have ended up gaining more stress weight then losing weight. I have read some of your posts and it has been very inspirational for me. This first meeting, even though it is just an info session, is so exciting and has filled me with such hope. I can be thinner. I can be healthier. I know I will never be the ideal body weight for my height but Im just excited to get to be under 250 lbs. I have set my goal weight at 200 lbs and I would be so happy to get there. My info session is booked with Dr. Noh in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Does anyone know anything about his system? How long will I be waiting?

Any advice?
I look forward to talking with other people like me and people who have felt like I am feeling!

Meghan

armyofficerwife40
on 8/18/14 1:12 pm

Congratulations Meghan on starting the process. It takes courage to step away from what's comfortable to seek change. I am almost 8 months post op. I had the sleeve Jan 31st. My beginning weight was 276 lbs. I now weigh 201 lbs. my goal is 155lbs. I went from a size 20W to size 10 and from a 3X to med shirt. The road has not been all roses. The mental adjustments have been most challenging. It's hard to undue years of bad behavior over night. It is a day by day process. I work harder now than I did with any fad diet. It's about changing your mindset. With that being said it is truly one of the best decisions of my life. I would do it again and again and again. Best of luck with your journey and continue to use OH as a tool to get needed support and advice because I do.

immacellogirl
on 3/27/15 5:00 pm - Canada

Hi :) Just an update :) I have my surgery booked for May 7th! I start my preop diet on april 7th and I think this is the first time I am excited for a diet... I can see the light! 

Most Active