I SUPPOSE I SHOULD BE STARVING...4 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY...

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 3:53 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I have never been on a restricted diet as THIS. ONLY Protein shakes, lean chicken, turkey and fish, green veggies, no starchy veggies. NO DAIRY,NO FRUIT, and of course NOTHING with sugar. SO basically living this last week before my RNY, on very , very little. I thought i'd be a raving B%$#H, starving...but no, actually my son sits next to me eating regular food, and it doesnt really bother me, at all. WHY? This is NOT like me....! 

I am TOTALLY amazed,pleasantly surprised that i have very little appetite. What gives?  IT MUST BE I AM LIVING ON PURE ADRENALINE, this close to surgery date...I dunno>!??!!   ITS A GOOD THING! but 

Bonnie

AngryViking
on 8/21/14 4:54 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I was on a clear liquid diet for 3 days prior to surgery.  I realize that's not much compared to some other pre-op diets, but I joked with my husband that I was so calm that I had achieved total conciousness by the end of the 2nd day.

I think it's the excitement/anticipation of it all that suppresses your appetite.  haha

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 11:10 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Its amazing. Best of luck to you! I am VERY excited.

Bonnie

hollykim
on 8/21/14 5:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

all those items you are not eating cause you to crave them. You. Have detoxes off those addictive substances and you body doesn't need them since you are being well nourished and burning your stored fat already.

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 11:12 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Thanks, yes, thats what i was thinking....i have been detoxing....Its crazy how it all work! 

Bonnie

eringudge
on 8/21/14 6:02 am
RNY on 07/28/14

I was on a full liquid diet presurgery, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, except day three was rough. 

I am now on my post op very soft food diet, and I really miss chewing food. :) Only three days until I can have soft foods, and I am looking forward to it!

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 11:14 am
RNY on 08/25/14

well Best wishes to you,  cant wait to be where you are at in this process! I am excited and i think thats what i am running on!

Bonnie

56sunShine14
on 8/21/14 8:11 am

I too was surprised when I did the pre-op diet last month.  I have to fix dinner for my mother and thought it would be a problem.  But my sister made a few meals ahead and froze them in ziplock bags so all I had to do was pop them in the microwave for mom.  I strongly suggest getting a sister to do this!   No, really, it was a great help!  Those of you with children and hubby (or not) might think about that because it made my life so much easier on the pre-op diet.

Also, I was never really hungry!  that surprised me as well.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Bonnie250
on 8/21/14 11:17 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Good idea with the prepare ahead meals! Well best of luck in your journey, Take care! Thanks for your reply!

Bonnie

Most Active