Pre op Diet and weight loss please...

Dominiqueexo
on 8/22/14 8:37 am - United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

My name is Dominique and I am getting the gastric bypass on the 8th of september 2014. I'm 17 CW :155kg  HW: 177.5kg

Ive been given my surgery date which is the 8th of september and before I got told my surgery date I had lost a lot of weight then things went wrong and i put it back on

I had a appointment with my surgeons team today and Ive been asked to loose 5kg meaning I have to be 150kg by the 5th of september which is my next check up.

I think that is 11 pounds (correct me if im wrong),I don't have a great support system and I'm tearful at the thought of how hard this might be

becuase Ive been told if I dont loose the weight I wont be able to get the operation done,

Are there any tips to getting a quick and succesaful weight loss and also getting my liver to shrink in time for the operation?

Please help the only people I can ask are you guys!

Thanks xo

Mary Gee
on 8/22/14 9:29 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Do you have a pre-op diet?  Most people have to go on liquids only for two weeks prior to surgery --- protein shakes, morning, noon and night.  Sure to make you drop weight quickly.  Use the search feature for "pre-op diet" and you'll see posts.

Good luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active