Bruising?

Color-me-happy
on 8/27/14 3:36 pm
VSG on 06/14/14

Wow, i cant believe how easy i bruise now. My VSG was June 14, recently i started bruising, Anyone figure out how to stop that? Should i take 20,000 mg of b12? Mor ecalcium? Vit D? I still am only eating abut 600 calories a day - cant seem to get more than that. I focus on the protein first. but fill up fast.  Any words of wisdon?

poet_kelly
on 8/27/14 5:36 pm - OH

Bruising is often a sign of iron deficiency or sometimes vitamin K deficiency.  I suggest asking your doc to order labs before taking more of those things, though, since it is possible to take too much.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

alritie2
on 8/27/14 11:51 pm

Thanks kelly. I'm not getting any iron. I'm going to send my dr. A message asking for a work up.

poet_kelly
on 8/27/14 11:52 pm - OH

Well, there's your problem, I bet.  Ask your doc to order labs, but also start taking some iron.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tracy D.
on 8/28/14 3:00 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You could also be very deficient in Vit C.  With a protein-forward diet and being so early out you probably aren't eating any veggies or fruits.  You may want to discuss that with the doc also.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active