New topic? Dunno..

clovers
on 9/2/14 1:03 am - FL

I want to know...it seems as if we reach a plateau..Stands to reason lest  we'll whittle down to nothing  ( "The Incredible Shrinking Man" ) But When one reaches that plateau and gains a bit, if one were to go back to the kind of eating one did in the first few months out when it was nearly impossible to over eat, in other words a rather restricted diet,  sticking to exact portions.. will weight reduction resume perhaps not as fast as before but faster than if no surgery had been done at all. guess I'm saying in my rather verbose manner, is If you stretch your  surgery restricted stomach will it then shrink? ...or have you ruined yourself for life?

[email protected]

Grim_Traveller
on 9/2/14 1:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

During the first couple of years after surgery, everyone's new stomach stretches a bit. Everyone. But over stretching is a lot more rare than people think.

You can still gain weight without over stretching. Eating slider foods, drinking calories, grazing. Many things lead to slowing or stopping loss, or regain.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

poet_kelly
on 9/2/14 1:32 am - OH

No, you can't shrink your stomach.  But it's very unlikely that you'll stretch it more than it is supposed to stretch, anyway.  That is rare since the pouch is made from the least stretchy part of the stomach.

Even without shrinking your stomach, though, if you eat small portions and burn more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MsBatt
on 9/2/14 3:12 am

The physical size of your stomach has nothing to do with the ability to lose weight. What you choose to put IN your stomach does. It sounds like you're asking if it's possible to 'go on a diet' successfully after WLS, and the answer is YES.

Most Active