Pre-op diet making me ill

Azarae
on 9/16/14 6:58 am

My dr has me on liquid diet for two weeks and steamed non-starchy veggies. I started today but it's giving me horrific cramps. 

I skipped broccoli or cauliflower because they've always given me gas like pains. Anyone have suggestions on veggies that won't do this?  I'll try to get ahold of my office tomorrow but they're really difficult sometimes. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/16/14 8:19 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Everyone has different reactions to different vegetables.  What about green beans?  Spinach?  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

zoomom07
on 9/16/14 11:18 am

I had the same pre-op diet, protein shakes and non-starchy veggies. I made a big pot of ratatouille with fresh tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, eggplant and lots of fresh garlic and basil- all things that are fresh and in season now. I just didn't use any olive oil but it was yummy and got me through the pre-op phase. I also put veggies on the grill with a little soy sauce.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/16/14 12:45 pm

Cucumbers.  If i eat broccoli -it needs to be cooked. Really soft. And i need to take beano.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

The Salty Hag
on 9/17/14 1:55 am
RNY on 05/20/13

We all react differently to foods, but I have always had good luck with mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

beckern727
on 9/17/14 9:22 am - San Diego

Try this link: There is a list of non-starchy vegetables.  I personally LOVE tomato soup, it's good, soothing, and and satisfying.  Don't add salt, and if you do try veggie salt. 

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/non-starchy-vegetables.html

Keep it up! :)

Nicole Becker

Sleeved by Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali B.C.

May 2014

Most Active