Sleeved Monday

Marinadelmandi
on 10/1/14 11:26 am

I was sleeved Monday. Came home today. I've been tolerating water and my protein shakes  pretty well. I just have the absolute worst headache and nausea. Is there something I am missing? Did anyone else feel this way? My doctor also did a hernia repair. Does this make the recovery worse?

Bette B.
on 10/1/14 11:31 am

Nothing you are going through is particularly unusual, no matter how badly they suck. The hernia repair (assuming it's a hiatal hernia) shouldn't make your recovery any better or worse and will help you in the long run. I developed one five years after my surgery and had to have it fixed.

PS: I TOLD you you could make it through that pre-op diet! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Marinadelmandi
on 10/2/14 11:33 am

You did tell me I can do it. Now, I'm trying to get through this part. It's tough but not as tough as I think in making it. The weekend was a piece of cake compared to this, but I'm not hungry. I'm really trying to stay hydrated. I don't want to go back to the hospital for dehydration. 

Christinacarroll4
on 10/2/14 11:30 am

hi,

I am going through all the appointments for the sleeve. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find what the diet is that they put you on before the surgery???? (pre op diet). I just want to know what to expect and how long are you on that diet for? Then what is the diet after the sleeve surgery?? Any input would be so very helpful for me PLEASE!!! Thank you so much for any help!!! Christina

Marinadelmandi
on 10/5/14 2:31 pm

My pre-op diet was two weeks of 3 shakes and  one solid meal a day. And the weekend before surgery I went on full clear liquids for 48 hours. I am 6 days out and I have one week of clear liquids, one week of full liquids, week 3-4 puréed and chopped foods. 5+ they give you a shopping list. Cedars-Sinai gives you a whole binder of directions meal plans etc. that is thorough. I full normal, but weird all at the same time. It will be fine and good luck. I can keep you updated. I'm just really excited for tomorrow. I get to have soup!! Never been so happy for it in my life. 

Christinacarroll4
on 10/13/14 9:12 am

Thank you so much for the info!!!

Amy M.
on 10/1/14 12:08 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Congrats on your surgery!  Recovery was also pretty rough for me the first few days at home.  I also had a hiatal hernia repair but I'm not sure if that made the recovery any more difficult.  Stay diligent on your pain meds and get plenty of rest (but don't forget to walk!) Did your surgeon prescribe you any medication for the nausea? 

Marinadelmandi
on 10/2/14 11:31 am

Thanks. Trying to stay strong. No prescription for nausea, but today has been better. My mom made me walk today, wasn't bad. 

BurberryPlaid
on 10/1/14 11:12 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Congrats!! I was sleeved on Monday too and came home yesterday...dong very well!

I had a headache this morning but seems to have gotten better since I had my protein shake. No nausea thank goodness but my surgeon sent me home with a script for anti-nausea meds just in case so you might want to call & see if they can put one in for you if they didn't. Best of luck with your recovery!!

Marinadelmandi
on 10/2/14 11:29 am

I didn't get a prescription for nausea. Today has been better. I'm just trying to get fluids and protein in. Maybe that's why I have headaches. Thanks for your well wishes. Congrats on your sleeve too!!

Most Active