Question about Chike coffee

cspotrun
on 10/5/14 6:06 am
RNY on 07/01/14

is the Chike coffee I see on Amazon that many of you rave about real coffee that has to be made in a coffee maker? Or is it powder that I mix like a protein drink? If so, do you like to mix it with milk or water? Also, do they have decaf? Thanks for your help. 

Karen   

Valerie G.
on 10/5/14 7:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Chike is a protein powder that contains instant espresso.  It doesn't require a coffee maker at all.

If you want protein in regular coffee, the trick is to make a slurry out of a small amount of lukewarm water or cream with the protein and mix well -- then stir the slurry into the coffee to avoid lumps

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

cspotrun
on 10/5/14 7:39 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I actually don't even drink coffee very often. But I like coffee flavored things. And I struggle with protein so I figured Chike would be a nice treat  once in a while. But I really do try to avoid caffiene. Hmmmm. Thanks for the info!

Karen   

Valerie G.
on 10/6/14 6:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You can also take some vanilla flavored protein and shake it into some iced decaf

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

poet_kelly
on 10/5/14 7:59 am - OH

It's a protein powder that tastes like coffee.  You can mix it with water or milk.  I don't think Chike has a decaf version.  Click might.  Also Syntrax Nectar cappuccino flavor is really good and it has no caffeine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 10/5/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

thank you!

Karen   

cspotrun
on 10/5/14 1:18 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

this one looks good!

http://www.amazon.com/Click-Espresso-Protein-Drink-15-8-Ounce/dp/B007VC6TXC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1412565456&sr=1-1&keywords=click+coffee+protein+powder+decaf

Karen   

Eggface
on 10/5/14 8:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Protein powder... you can make it iced, hot (milk in cold milk or water and then warm up) or my favorite is with mil**** a hunk of frozen banana sometimes: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/07/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in_9.html better than anything at Starbucks and 20 grams + the milk's protein. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Karen M.
on 10/5/14 9:06 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am killing myself laughing reminiscing about my attempt to make my beautiful Chike hot. What a freakin disaster - it was something Satan would surely serve for tea. The first couple of sips were delicious and creamy and oh-so-wonderful and then, OMG what the HELL - thick, slimy disgustingness. Please tell me how you successfully made it hot without ruining it!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

poet_kelly
on 10/5/14 9:15 am - OH

The way I make hot protein drinks is to mix the protein powder with room temp liquid in one cup, stir until I get a smooth paste (must be no lumps), then stir that paste into the hot liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active