Soup ? Cereal?

Deana_
on 10/10/14 8:22 am

maybe this is silly. I know u can't drink before or after meals for 30 minutes. Does this mean cereal and soup are out of my diet forever? Just cirious

Valerie G.
on 10/10/14 8:56 am, edited 10/10/14 8:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What surgery are you having?  That rule is predominantly for RNY, although the VSG and DSers sip and not gulp while eating, for liquid fills up the stomach leaving little room for food.

Cereal is relatively useless, however I add it to yogurt for some texture once in a while. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Deana_
on 10/10/14 8:57 am

RNY

Deana_
on 10/10/14 8:58 am

And I spelled curious wrong. Go me

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/10/14 9:12 am

I eat soup as a two part meal. Either I drink the liquid then eat the solids or just pick out the solids and ignore the liquid. I don't eat cereal at all. It's very little protein and the simple carbs are a runaway train to reactive hypoglycemia for me.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/10/14 11:20 am - OH

Many (most?) RNYers generally avoid cereal because of the eating and drinking aspect AND because even high protein cereals at also high in carbs (plus the carbs from milk). I personally have some every now and then, but I often don't feel very good afterward.

Cream soups don't present a problem, of course. I love vegetable soup and, like most people, I drink the broth first and then eat the veggies and meat.  I don't eat any soup with noodles or rice, though (just those with barley).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Chilipepper
on 10/10/14 12:38 pm

Cereal kills me. I avoid it like the plaque. I use to love Cheerios and Raisin bran. Never again ..

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 10/11/14 2:42 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Before RNY I loved, loved, loved soggy Raisin Bran.  I never eat cereal now.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Karen M.
on 10/11/14 11:40 pm - Mississauga, Canada

OMG me too - the squishy soggy flakes, the sweet chewy raisins... never touch the stuff now. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active