Newly sleeved 10/9/2014

Bubblemaker
on 10/15/14 1:19 pm

i have been debating joining this forum but tonight decided to go for it.  I am newly sleeved on 10/9/2014 my story is different from most as I was a low bmi patient I am 5'9 and at surgery weighed 197pds I have been an extreme yoyo dieter I mentally constantly think about my weight.  It is emotionally exhausting and that is the reason I decided to have the surgery done so I could get off this roller coaster and be able to free myself.  I had the surgery in Mexico and I am doing great.  Knowing I won't gain weight is a relief and I am enjoying not thinking about it.  If you want to make any rude comments about my decision please keep them to yourself but if anyone has any questions or would like to talk i would love to get to know you!!  Best of luck to all of you!!!

Cathy W.
on 10/16/14 8:10 am

Congratulations on your surgery and now being a VSG post-op. 

No rude comments here - having WLS is a personal decision and not up to anyone except you and your surgeon. 

Make sure that you change your lifestyle to include healthy food choices so you don't gain or regain weight.  

If you haven't already, check out the VSG message board too.  Again, congratulations!

lovelyonetx
on 11/1/14 3:57 pm - euless, TX

Hi Bubblemaker, 

Nice to meet you.  I am looking into getting WLS in Mexico, what was your experience like?

Bubblemaker
on 11/1/14 4:15 pm

It was a great experience we used Dr Jaime ponce de leon in rijuana . My husband was lap banded there years ago and had his knee replaced in India so we are not new to surgery out of the US we have always received excellent care and had no problems.  The language barrier didn't bother us as I am not a feely feely kind of girl I want to get in get it done and go home.  Recovery was as expected but by week two I was jogfong 1 mile and walking 1 mile.  I am three weeks out and have lost 20 pounds waiting for the 3 week stall but I couldn't be happier...  Good luck to you I am happy to answer any questions.  

Most Active