help me, please?

lorikatz2460
on 10/23/14 1:53 pm

I am about 260 lbs, 5'8", 54 years. I have MS, in a wheel chair-can't walk. I have a colostomy. I have Gerd, Esophegeal para hiatal hernia. I throw up everv day every thing I eat. Something gets through, because there is stool in my colostomy bag. I have been turned down by 2 surgeons, because of colostomy location. The last surgeon recommended a gastric bypass, because of weight also. With not being able to walk, exercise  is an issue. My consultation is 10/27/14. I don't know what to expect. The doctor is about 30  miles away. Future travel is a big issue. My aunt will take me to the consultation, and the surgery. I just need some answers, or opinions. Thank You

Vivian Prouty
on 10/23/14 11:00 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I'm not sure what your wanting answers or opinions on but if it is RNY.....I know many people who did loose all or at least the biggest part of their weight with RNY without exercising.    BUT it IS possible to exercise even if you had to do it in the bed.   There are also the bicycle peddles that sit on the floor that you can do from a chair so to me exercise is not impossible for you.   Congrats and good luck with your monday appointment.   Hope it goes well for you and that maybe I answered some of your questions.   I'm 9 yrs. post op RNY and lost 140 lbs.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Eggface
on 10/24/14 7:38 am - Sunny Southern, CA

With all the health issues you currently have be sure all your Dr's are on the same page and are communicating with you and each other.

Best wishes in your research.

Oh here's a resource I hope helps... http://www.helpguide.org/articles/exercise-fitness/chair-exe rcises-and-limited-mobility-fitness.htm lots of exercises and tips you can ask your Dr about.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

lorikatz2460
on 10/24/14 7:58 am

THANK YOU, ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.

ipray
on 10/24/14 12:11 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

I would ask at the consultation what procedure would give you the best quality of life and if they were in your place, what would they themselves do?  Good wishes and good luck to you!

lorikatz2460
on 10/24/14 1:28 pm

Thank you,  I pray. Those are useful suggestions. 

Most Active