Fear of January

Deana_
on 10/26/14 5:54 am

Question.

November 13 is my last dr. visit for my supervised 90 day diet. The surgeon already has all of my clearances and things i had to do for insurance. so after the 13th they are going to submit to get me a date for my RNY.

My Patient Advocate told me there are plenty of spots for December but obviously there are other people who will finish their insurance stuff before nov. 13. She said she would try her best to get me in December.

My question is this.. if it has to be done in january do i have to start over? Do i have to re-do all of my insurance qualifications and my 90 day diet? MY PCP, everything will be the same, insurance will be the same. But i thought since maybe it was the first of the year that i would have to start over?

I dont think ive met my deductible yet but i am prettttyyyyyy close with all of these apts!

Hislady
on 10/26/14 6:07 am - Vancouver, WA

You shouldn't have to redo any tests or your 90 day diet but you would have to pay your dedictible again starting the first of the year and they usually want that paid in cash before the surgery. So if you have a high deductible don't be surprised if they want that paid before the surgery is scheduled if it is after the first of the year.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/14 10:21 pm

Check with your insurance company.Co-pays usually do not go towards your deductible. 

Most Active