Food Dreams/Day Dreams

DivaButterfly
on 11/3/14 5:53 am - Kenner, LA

I had the sleeve on 10/28/14 and I'm looking inform and friends. I want to know if anyone has dreams about food?in! I'm not hungry but every time I see a tv commercial about food, I want it! When I'm sleeping I have dreams about all the food I use to eat. Is this normal?

ididabadbadthing
on 11/3/14 6:34 am - TN

Congratulations on your surgery  

I can relate.  When I came home all I could do was watch the Food Network. Seriously 24/7, now how nuts is that LOL  I think its part of mourning for the loss of food.  Hang in there, as you move towards goals that loss of food will be replaced with so many wonderful moments, non food related.  

DivaButterfly
on 11/3/14 7:40 am - Kenner, LA

Thank you IDidABadBadThing ! I know Im moaning the loss of my best friend food. I know one day it will be worth it but today aint the day snf tomorrow not looking too good either. 

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 9:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

When I was early out I had dreams about eating sugar (which I had 100% cut out of my life). I would wake up in a bit of a panic, thinking I had actually eaten it. It's funny now, freaked me out a little at the time. lol Very normal.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

DivaButterfly
on 11/3/14 10:27 am - Kenner, LA

omg this is one reason im freaking out because this has happen to me. Thanks for the feedback

jastypes
on 11/3/14 9:42 pm - Croydon, PA

Totally normal.  Did you know that recovering alcoholics often have drinking dreams?  I don't know about you, but I am a food addict.  It makes perfect sense that my "disease" doesn't want me to let go of the food.  It's trying to kill me.  If you stay the path, the dreams will become less and less.  Most importantly, you need to learn new ways of coping and dealing with life so that food doesn't once again become an option when you are able to eat more.  Counseling, Overeaters Anonymous, and WLS support groups have helped me a great deal on my personal journey.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

DivaButterfly
on 11/3/14 10:46 pm - Kenner, LA

I'm a therapist that actually work with people who suffer from substance abuse/addictions. I am a food addict and this is the first time I actually had dreams. About two years ago I lost 100 pounds on my own with food restrictions and never had the dreams. I find if "funny" how I'm having dreams like some of my clients. I started journaling (taking my own advice) and the is one of the main reasons why I joined OH. I also live in New Orleans and the culture is to eat, eat and eat. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Most Active