Anxiety and frustration setting in

nelchina
on 11/4/14 1:36 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I started this journey in January.  My 6 months of supervised weight loss was complete in August at which time everything was submitted to insurance for approval.  My surgery date is Nov 21st.  My pre-op diet is slated to begin this Friday, November 7th and I am still waiting for final insurance approval. I'm hopeful the ridiculous amount of hoops I have already jumped through was enough and they don't find more for me to navigate. Just needed to blurt that out there.  I feel a tiny bit better now.

LML8789
on 11/4/14 1:56 am

I'm sure it will be fine.  I remember feeling exactly the same feelings last year around this time and all worked out well (and it will for you too!)---I know it's a crazy process but I promise it'll be worth it all.  Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery; it will be here before you know it!

Lisa

nelchina
on 11/4/14 3:44 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Thank you!  I can't wait to have this all behind me.

HW 285 SW (11/21/14) 268 CW (10/09/15) 188

M1- 24| M2 -6| M3 - 9| M4 - 4| M5 -7 | M6 -7 | M7 -6 | M8 -5 | M9 -5 | M10 - 3

Michele H.
on 11/4/14 3:21 am - NJ

Have you called the insurance company for a status of your submission?  Has your surgeon's insurance coordinator called them?  My doctor's office wouldn't even schedule my surgery until I was approved.  For your own sanity, give them a call.

Michele

nelchina
on 11/4/14 3:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

My company provides a service through Bridge Health where I am provided a care coordinator who takes care of all the paperwork between my insurance and the surgeon's office.  She has been working closely with my insurance and they have run into a few paperwork mix ups.  I heard from her on last Thursday that she escalated the situation and has her manager dealing with the insurance manager.  We shall see.... 

poet_kelly
on 11/4/14 4:10 am - OH

Everything was submitted to insurance in August and you still haven't heard?  That's really unusual.  What does the insurance company say is going on?  Did they tell you how long it takes to get an answer?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nelchina
on 11/5/14 3:02 am, edited 11/5/14 3:02 am
RNY on 11/21/14

There were paperwork mix-ups:  First my faxed file ended up in the trash because the nurse determining medical necessity saw the top page only had a title on it and thought all the remaining pages must be blank, then the approval was for a sleeve procedure which I have never intended to have.  Once I caught wind of the wrong procedure it had to all be resubmitted.  When that was done they again seemed to lose all my files, so they had to be sent yet again.  Hopefully it will all be worked out soon.

Luvmygs
on 11/4/14 6:38 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I started my journey November of 2013 and surgery date is Dec 4th. I found all the hoops a blessing. Gave me much time to research and read all the comments on this forum which lead me to a very comfortable state about the surgery. And I realize there's still much to learn. Just enjoy the ride, it will happen before you know it.

Bubbles314
on 11/4/14 8:21 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I have the same story as you do only the dates were changed.  Started my journey October 2013 and had surgery October 6, 2014.  You told the rest of the story about the research, same with me. 

nelchina
on 11/5/14 3:06 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I understand the need for many of the "hoops."  I also appreciate the time to research but at this point I am just getting anxious because my date is so close yet in potential danger of having to be changed.  My surgery is scheduled in another state and involves air travel, schedule adjustments for my family, time off work etc.  It's all in place right now and I'm hoping to not have to re-coordinate everything.

HW 285 SW (11/21/14) 268 CW (10/09/15) 188

M1- 24| M2 -6| M3 - 9| M4 - 4| M5 -7 | M6 -7 | M7 -6 | M8 -5 | M9 -5 | M10 - 3

Most Active