Gallbladder?

phxbbw6ft1
on 11/28/14 12:38 pm - phoenix, az

Anyone have their gallbladder removed before lapband surergy? How much time off work? I do heavy liftingting with no light duties so they say 6 weeks....anyone else?

kathkeb
on 11/28/14 2:13 pm

I still have my gallbladder, but my neighbor had hers out about 2 years ago.

It was laparoscopic and I think she was back at work in a week, doing desk work.

It may have been 6 weeks before she could do heavy lifting.

Why don't they do the gallbladder and Lapband at the same time to save you a recovery?

also, even thou I havea band and have been successful with it, I hope you research your other options.  Ther are much more successful options,  Banding is the least effective WLS these days.

Kath

Price S.
on 11/28/14 9:39 pm - Mills River, NC

I had mine out when I lost weight with WW.  It was years ago and open and took forever to recover.  These days they do Lap and it should be less of a procedure.  But with lifting you may still be looking at 6 weeks.

Be sure to check out all your options with surgery.  Lapbands are one that I personally would stay away from.  The whole fill procedure to get it right, gerd, and erosion of the stomach were my major reasons.  I am a lightweight and still, the RNY was good for me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Vicki PNW
on 11/29/14 8:08 am

I had mine removed via lap 19 months post-op from my DS.  I had weight restrictions for about 2 months.  I was out of the office for 11 days.  My job is sit-down, although I get up on occasion and try to get up at least once an hour.  I am allowed to drink water  and eat in my cubicle.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/29/14 11:22 am - OH

If you do heavy lifting, even with a lap surgery, going six weeks before you can of heavy lifting again would be about right.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Thebiggestloser
on 11/29/14 9:58 pm
VSG on 11/19/14 with

I had my gallbladder out with my vsg on the 19th. Going back to work tomorrow - feel great!

phxbbw6ft1
on 12/1/14 4:15 am - phoenix, az

Thanks everyone

huskergalWsD
on 12/1/14 11:51 am

thanks for posting this topic, I am looking at having my gallbladder removed at the same time as my Hernia surgery soon.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Most Active