Phone interview with Psychologist

twinmom914
on 12/3/14 6:49 am

I was just called and told I have my phone interview tomorrow with a psych. I don't remember reading if anyone else had a phone interview. And when I asked the lady who was scheduling what was the next step, she told me that the psych will tell me the next step. That doesn't sound very promising. :(

shakeitoff
on 12/3/14 7:00 am
VSG on 03/09/15

When I called the Dr. today  to schedule my first consult they asked if I was on anything for depression.  I said " yes" she said that means I need a psych consult.  She said not to worry it was routine.  Depending why I was medicated it could slow scheduling of surgery.  Some insurance require different things also.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/14 8:00 am
VSG on 11/13/14

I had to go in for an interview. I did mine through Kaiser and everyone in their program has to. If you take any kind of psych medications they make you see the psychiatrist several times because after the surgery the medications don't absorb the same so you may have issues. Luckily I don't take any and just had to see her once. Good luck!

fredgomes
on 12/3/14 6:15 pm, edited 12/3/14 7:41 pm

Interviews are really helpful to earn more information.Recently I read one article about health care topic written by professional writers of thesis writing service.The article was really impressive.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/3/14 9:17 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Sounds odd to me to be doing it over the phone. A mental health professional is trained to look at your whole body language as well as tone and inflection. How can they do that over the phone?

White Dove
on 12/3/14 10:41 pm - Warren, OH

They are checking off requirements and that is probably the most cost effective way to do it. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/3/14 11:39 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

That makes sense but it just doesn't seem to be as effective in my mind.

Pawprintse
on 12/5/14 11:39 pm

For your own well being, please insist on an in person interview.  They need to examine the whole package.  Your mental state is a huge key to your success.

Good Luck!

Most Active