chronically dehydrated

Chilipepper
on 12/9/14 10:23 am

This is a ridiculous post.  You had your surgery and 2012 and you knew you had to drink water or fluids. This is not a physical defect...this is just laziness in your part and to ask for suggestions from people on how to get the water bottle to your lips is silly. Drink your water..no one will recomend a saline drip or whatever else you are suggesting. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

nicoleista
on 12/9/14 10:26 am - MI
VSG on 03/05/12

Why don't you take your ridiculousness and shove it up your ass. 

Chilipepper
on 12/9/14 12:38 pm

Drink your fluids. You are 2 yrs postop. Truth hurts!  Stop complaining. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

nicoleista
on 12/9/14 9:55 pm - MI
VSG on 03/05/12

Why are you reading any of this if it is so annoying to you? You do not have to participate in this discussion. Judgment and shaming do not work for me so stop!

NYMom222
on 12/9/14 11:17 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I find it difficult to drink water once I've eaten anything. I leave a glass on my nightstand and drink 16oz while I am taking my shower etc. I have a protein drink for breakfast. Later in the morning I will have more water, tea whatever. This way I've usually had 40oz before lunch. It makes the rest of the day easier. Now this is just a psych trick, but I like to drink out of 16oz mason jars. One because I know they are measured, and two because they look small, and it just doesn't seem so hard.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/9/14 9:26 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I drink at least a gallon while I am at work. I was doing two gallons but cut back. I am only three months ahead of you on surgery date. I could drink a gallon pretty easily by about my 6 month. Liquid goes right through our valve pretty quickly. I usually have another 32 ounces at home later. Also no I do not drink with meals and wait at least a half hour until I drink again.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/14 2:30 pm, edited 12/10/14 3:10 pm - OH

The OP's surgery was in 2012, not this year... So you are actually two years behind 

ETA: Ok, I see that your surgery date also says 2012, but for some reason my brain was convinced that your surgery was earlier this year. Apparently all the sinus congestion I have is impacting my brain.  Ignore this comment, LOL.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

gram247
on 12/10/14 10:11 pm

I noticed when reading here that someone mentioned drinking through a straw.

That actually is a no-no. It gets more air into the stomach and can be the cause of nausea as well. 

I can't drink anything cold, so I drink room temp water, and hot tea. I found the amount of water problematic post op too, since I perviously drank a lot of water with meals. 

Now I don't even have water on the table until I am done eating. I also keep a bottle of water next to my bed to sip at night if I wake up parched. Every little sip counts, no matter when you drink it!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/10/14 10:18 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

There is a big debate out there about the use of straws. For some surgeons it is not a problem at all. For others it is a no-no. My surgeon for example said straws were not an issue at all. Some folks actually get straws on their hospital trays right after surgery. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active