Fighting "Head Hunger"

klv2355
on 12/19/14 12:16 pm
VSG on 12/01/14

I am eating to try and get my 60 grams of protein in, but also noticing I'm eating just bc...I can't eat much n its puréed, but still not a great habit. Any tips? 

Kate D.
on 12/19/14 10:05 pm

Eat very slowly and take plenty of time to enjoy your food, then you wont feel lik you're missing out on anything. I find my mind hunger comes into play when there's a lot of food around me and my "fat girl mentality" (what I call my old eating habits) kick in and I feel upset and I feel like I'm not getting the full experience. Eat slow and enjoy, it has done wonders for me :)

Good luck!

-Kate

kathkeb
on 12/20/14 1:05 am

I put myself ona schedule and treated it like "feeding time at the zoo" ...... If iwas not time to 'eat' again, I had no-calorie liquids.

I planned my schedule so I was having something every 2-3 hours (7, 9:30, 12, 2:30, 5, 7:30). So, if I felt hungry I could remind myself that it would pass and I would eat again in a short while.

At first, I was basically consuming 100-150 calories each times ate .... It only took a few bites and then a few minutes to realize that iwas satisfied and could go do  something else.

Kath

Kathy S.
on 12/20/14 1:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

This is one of the toughest challenges, but you can do it    Here are a couple of great articles from OH that may help you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mental-health/Head-Hunger- Coping-with-Your-Triggers-for-Overeating.html

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/?s=head+hunger

You can find other threads on head hunger by using our search feature to the left of MY OH and to find more articles on subjects to assist you through your journey you can click MORE, RESOURCES, ARTICLES.  Click on one of the articles and scroll down half way and you will have the option to search for other subjects.

Let us know if you need any further help!

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active