New to this and have a few questions

ShellaB
on 12/26/14 2:23 pm

Hello everyone, Hope you all had a happy and healthy holiday.

I have a question regarding the program.  I have completed all my classes in the Calgary (Richmond Rd Clinic) and have met with my dieticians numerous times. I have attended the bariatric info session and am meeting with  my intake nurse on Monday, Dec29th.  When I spoke with her, she mentioned that this is the apt that hopefully gets my surgery moving along. I am curious if anyone out there knows what I should expect from this appt.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time and I am doing anything and everything they ask of me to move things along smoothly.  I am so excited to begin the next chapter of my life as a healthier, happier person and I am so eager to have the surgery.

Does anyone know how quickly a surgery date is expected after I meet with my intake nurse?  It has been about a year now and I have been really patient, but now my excitement is really taking over.  If anyone has a guesstimate,  I would appreciate it. 

Stay healthy and happy everyone.

Kathy S.
on 12/27/14 12:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello ShellaB

Since you are located in Canada, may we suggest you post this on the following forums:

Alberta Forum

Ontario Forum

Regards,

Kathy
Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kate -True Brit
on 12/27/14 3:31 am - UK

Hi.  You may also find people are more able to help you if you say which surgery you expect to have.  Best wishes. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

ShellaB
on 12/27/14 3:39 am

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have reached out to the Canadian sites as suggested. I am hoping for WLS to be sleeve.

Most Active