gastric upset, heartburn, refux

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 1:55 am

Good afternoon, just wondering i reflux, heartburn, stomach upset is a problem for pple who had the sleeve, I know everyone is different but I don't have those problems now so just wondering what might happen. so many pple are against my having the sleeve bc I had the band and only lost 20 lbs in 7 yrs so it was removed 1 yr ago. Now I a having a sleeve very soon, feeling a little scared, why do we do this to our selves, the other day I completely talked myself out of it. grrrrr

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 1:57 am

going out for a walk, it' been so cold lately but it's a beautiful day I'm going to enjoy it, not worry about my appmt tomorrow about my date. I have been praying on this for months. I believe in the power of prayer so I'm in good hands, they belong to Jesus.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 1:58 am

my horsey, only I can't find one with just the horse rather than a yellow man riding a horse. lol

Cowdog-Lover
on 1/20/15 2:02 am

Hello, to answer your question I had my sleeve on 12/11/14 and once I began eating more solid foods reflux began but I take Prilosec  daily and that seems to make a huge difference. As far as all the controversy regarding what you should do, it's your body and you have your own motivies... If they are to be healthy that's all that should matter. I personally have not told very many people and am so grateful for this web site. Much Luck and many Blessings !

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 8:00 am

thank you so much for responding. I will not be telling anyone in my family, my husband thinks I'm going in to have scar tissue removed from the band. I'm 56 I will do this on my own, honestly they are afraid my meds won't work and I'll end up in the hospital trying to get the rt combo of meds again. I have prayed on this, I know Iam doing the right thing. tomorrow 2:00 I find out when it will be. Prayers appreciated. Have you met your goals? Be well

Cowdog-Lover
on 1/21/15 6:06 am

As for me I have been a yoyo dieter for many many moons and have had some success only to fail again and regain the weight and then some. I just had my surgery 6 weeks ago tomorrow  and to be honest the weight loss has been slow... I started my pre op diet at 191 and am now 174 ... My other friends who have had the surgery explained that your body kind of goes into shock for a bit however they have all 3 of them lost a significant ammount of weight and couldn't be more pleased with their decision to have the sleeve , as am I... To be honest my biggest problem is not eating slow enough or chewing enough and I get into pain ....At 61 years old I don't need anyone else's approval that said I am glad that my daughter has been so supportive... Most people think will power is what's necessary none-the-less for me to lose 50 more pounds the vertical sleeve was my only hope.... Best of Luck to you stay in touch and know I am with you in spirit !!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 7:04 am

awww. thank you so much, send a friend request please, I'm gonna need it. And congrats to you for your success. God bless

gram247
on 1/20/15 3:20 am

I had the sleeve in Oct 2011. i get occasional reflux when I eat  more than my stomach can hold. I would get the same feeling if I overate before surgery, too. 

There are rules for eating regardless what procedure you have. no liquids a half hour before meals and during meals and a half hour after. no carbonated drinks. eat protein first, than everything else. try new foods gradually as you progress to solid foods. there are others but your doc will tell you about them. 

I was nervous about  the surgery, but I am so happy I had it done. I went from a size 32 to a 10-12. I can walk and run after my grand kids. my doctors have said that I haven't been healthier!

Good luck with your decision. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 8:03 am

Wow congrats on your success, that's awesome, decision made, I'm going to make this happen and with the grace of God and the skills of my surgeon I declare that I will be better than b4 I started. Thank you for answering.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/20/15 3:55 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I was the opposite I had acid reflux for a long time. I had my gallbladder removed at the same time as me sleeve. My gallbladder was really bad. I have not had reflux in two years since surgery.

Most Active