made it thru the first year at goal! unbelievable

Bibo
on 1/26/15 9:24 pm

Haven't been this size since I was ten. And when I had the surgery, I picked my high school graduation weight, since that was the year I also lost 305 pounds the "other" way, the first time. That time, two weeks after hitting goal, I was 18, going to college, and working two jobs. One of which was a restaurant...well, free food and too tired and a crazy schedule...I will exercise when I graduate....twenty years later..graduated, and started the exercise. Cleaned up the food, life. Lost 198 pounds, but was still at a horrible stall. Had RNY when I weighed 235. My four foot 11 inch body now only carries around 114 pounds. I'm working on my joint repairs,, colon repair, recovering from cancer, diabetes. I still have a lot if not most of my health issues, but I got a darn good looking breast reconstruction out of the whole mess. The Mazing thing to me is that I exceeded my goal weight, and have actually kept that weight off for a year, and been (mostly) okay in my head. It was a little bit of a trip to have time go on, and not see the scale go up. I feel like one of the world's lucky ones. Have not been here in a while...Been at either my room mates doctors or my doctors but just wanted to pop in and say hello, and thank you! You helped keep me alive!

Modest_Phoenix
on 1/26/15 10:15 pm, edited 1/26/15 10:18 pm

Congratulations on getting past your goal weight!  I'm 4'11" and a two-time cancer survivor.  I'm just starting to look into weight loss surgery.  How did you determine your goal weight?  I've been using BMI calculators and insurance weight charts but 110 pounds for my frame seems unimaginable.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Bibo
on 1/27/15 1:46 am, edited 1/27/15 1:48 am

I am 4 foot 11 also, and at the time I was having surgery that ounded unamangeabel to me as well. When I was in high school, I lost 305 before, through diet and exercise and THAT goal weight was 125, and that was where I felt comfortable, when everyone in my life was forcing me to come up with a number, cause i was in a program. This time around, my surgeon was saying 145, to cover himself, since not everyone hits the Ideal Weight After Surgery.....I said my goal was 125 based on my high school graduation. I hit my personal goal, fortunately, before I went back to the 18 month appointment. I did have a few minor stalls here and there. The head trip came when i kept losing. Sometimes I get around 110, and I stop weighing for a few days because i have NEVER been that weight and the LOW BMI for me is 97...and I start getting sort of freaked out.....but then, I have to switch my thinking and say kust keep doing the footwork and let go of the results. I fluctuate five pounds or so, but i have some major GI stuff going on right now, so my doctors are not worried....(my lower bowels are shutting down, not related to WLS). The thing is, if I hadn't had the surgery, they would never have been able to find the lower bowel problem and I could have died from a perforated bowel obstruction.   SO GRATEFUL.  But the number was sort of random....guess I wanted to beat my own personal best......really when i hit the doctors goal, i could have lived with it....I was happy. But my body had a mind of it's own and is just going to do what it's going to do as long as i do my part and take care of it. So I quit worrying about it (mostly) after that. My mom was so small, and so are my aunts and uncles, so i am not real shocked that it turned out the way it did at this point on the journey THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!!!!

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 10:27 pm

Wow, congratulations on your success.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Bibo
on 1/27/15 2:27 am

Thanks and you too!

Y D.
on 1/27/15 12:30 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

What a success story, congratulations on all you've overcome and achieved!

Bibo
on 1/27/15 2:27 am

Thanks and Nice to see you on the journey

Tracy D.
on 1/27/15 1:05 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Woohoo!  Fantastic job - very inspiring! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Bibo
on 1/27/15 2:28 am

Kathy S.
on 1/27/15 2:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Bibo

What a great job and amazing success story!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active