Question

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/15 11:21 am

I have read that a lot of people have revisions from the band to the sleeve and they are happy losing weight, following the diet and exercises recommended...they also say that the sleeve removes part of the stomach that produces Grehlin (hunger hormone) ....i had the band and it didnt help me.... now im considering the sleeve since i have more comorbilities. I understand that it is important to think of this surgery as a tool to help you lose weight. It is not an instant fix. I will still need to eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise to help me reach my weight goal and avoid regaining the weight you lose. I will appreciate any comments. Thank you so much.

NorthernHusky
on 1/29/15 10:56 pm

I say do it.. once you decide that you want to do it, you wanted it done yesterday. I didn't have the sleeve, I had the bypass, and although there are times where I feel tired or whatever, I don't regret it.

I used to think, when I was constantly dieting and not seeing results, that if the weight was actually coming off, it would be easy to continue, instead of being discouraged and pigging out and gaining more.

Now that I've had my bypass, and I see results, and that scale is moving, not because of the surgery, but from what I am putting into my body, its like a high. I love thinking of healthy stuff to eat, and little new ways to workout. you will see that this tool is more of a mental thing than a physical.

everything you put into your body will count! every step you take will make a difference.

get it done, you wont regret it.

Gastric Bypass June 16th 2014

Highest weight: 356
Surgery weight: 347
Current Weight: 224
Goal Weight: 180

Grim_Traveller
on 1/30/15 3:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On January 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM Pacific Time, Nataliesophia wrote:

I have read that a lot of people have revisions from the band to the sleeve and they are happy losing weight, following the diet and exercises recommended...they also say that the sleeve removes part of the stomach that produces Grehlin (hunger hormone) ....i had the band and it didnt help me.... now im considering the sleeve since i have more comorbilities. I understand that it is important to think of this surgery as a tool to help you lose weight. It is not an instant fix. I will still need to eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise to help me reach my weight goal and avoid regaining the weight you lose. I will appreciate any comments. Thank you so much.

I don't see a question anywhere.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active