Sweet tooth!

Janice N.
on 1/29/15 11:46 am - MO
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/01/14

I am 3 months out and have a crazy sweet tooth. I start the day doing good but end up having something sweet. I know I should not be eating sweets but I truly can not stop myself. I have lost 42 lbs. How can I get so far off track so soon? Help!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/29/15 12:08 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I have a sweet tooth & I still eat sweets, but I plan for them or make substitutions like having stevia in my coffee instead of regular sugar, or eating those 100 calorie packs in lieu of eating a bunch of cookies.

Are you not allowed to have sweets?, or do you go overboard on them? If so you might have to white knuckle the carb withdrawal, but if you can control it & just have a taste then you might not have to cut out sweets forever. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Eggface
on 1/29/15 5:22 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Congrats on your 42 pounds down! Planning a sweet but healthy snack each day may give you the fix without the damage a spontaneous choice might. A few things are my go-tos: I make apple "nachos" or little mini protein muffins http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/12/12-da ys-of-chocolate.html I also make ricotta pancakes a lot and those are totally a sweet fix for me (great warm or cold.) 

A few foods I had no control over pre-op and I chose to eliminate them from my post-op life (for me it was pasta, rice, bread stuff like that) that was my choice and it works for me... everyone needs to find there own way. Chat with your surgeon's dietitian about it and see what she/he suggests. 

Best wishes in your weight loss and getting back on track,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kate -True Brit
on 1/29/15 6:38 pm - UK

You have to decide whether you are an all or nothing person or someone who can be moderate.

If the former, you have no choice but to cut sweet things out entirely or move to only things sweetened with things like stevia. But the effect on the body of sugar replacements can be problematic.

if the latter, incorporate them into your plan.  I have always had sweet things, but I allow for them in my daily intake.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Valerie G.
on 1/29/15 10:09 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Find compromises where you can like another recommended, with stevia or euritherol.  If you MUST have something and have no compromises, the trick is to do so after eating a meal.  Save enough room for only a bite or two.  That way you are satisfied, happy, and too full to go butt-wild.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

soozy_q
on 1/29/15 10:16 pm
RNY on 10/20/14

For me a sugar free Werther's Original hard candy satisfies my need for sweets.  One piece has less than 10 calories.  I usually have one after lunch and dinner as my "dessert".

White Dove
on 1/29/15 11:29 pm - Warren, OH

I have sweets everyday.  I use sugarfree or make my own with Splenda or WheyLow.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ShawnaMC
on 1/30/15 3:12 am

I buy greek yogurt frozen pops, or Quest has some high protein peanut butter cups, or sometimes I also eat the sugar free werthers or jolly ranchers too.

Instagram

Most Active