Caramel chews

Deana_
on 1/31/15 1:21 pm

Currently I take celebrate vitamins. I am taking four calcium a day.

i recently ordered the calcium Caramel celebrate chews. How many of these in place of the chewable? I didnt get them in the mail yet to compare.

i also bought the Kay's cinnamon pretzel sticks and nacho chips. 12g protein per package. Are they gross? 

Chilipepper
on 1/31/15 2:50 pm

Watch the carbs in the chews.  Make sure you add them to your daily totals. 

If if I can remember correctly and I just ran and checked. All of their stuff is soy based. I used to order from them years ago and didn't like it and it would always halt my weigh loss. Soy isn't good for us. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Lemmings
on 1/31/15 9:48 pm
RNY on 11/10/14 with

Chilipepper ---

Can you elaborate on your comment about soy not being good for us? I've never heard that and was considering tofu as meat substitute. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/31/15 10:18 pm

A lot of soy is GMO, and overconsumption of soy can contribute into developing soy allergies. I know that from personal experiance. and today soy crap is in almost anything, in form of soy proteins, soy lecithin, soy oil..even in spices.  

Soy contains phytoestrogen, and to much of anything is acting for trouble. Even non -GMO Soy can cause hormonal disruption,  endoctine disruption, thyroid problems. 

In asia soy purist is use as a condiment...not ever day and not in every product, in small qty. Soy sauce, it is rather the safest, because it in made from fermented soy. Tofu, soy milk - these IMO need to be avoid, and use sparingly.

Google soy -thyroid, soy- hormons, soy GMO issue...more info that i can provide.

Also - think logically - the farmers feed soy product to pigs because soy karma is very effective in fattening them fast . Sooooo...how about us when start eating too much soy or corn?  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chilipepper
on 1/31/15 10:38 pm

Go the RNY board and look at a post called Team No Meat,  I posted links yesterday.  I can't link to them now because I am on my phone. 

They pushed soy as a superfood but they have retracted that since.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

poet_kelly
on 1/31/15 8:32 pm - OH

How many mg of calcium citrate are in them? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

White Dove
on 1/31/15 10:23 pm - Warren, OH

Kays Naturals are not gross, but they are not so tasty that you can't stop eating them.  I found that to be a good thing and a package of 12 would last me a month or more.  You need things to keep your diet interesting while in the losing stage and Kay's served that purpose for me.  I like a few of the chips or pretzels with soup or a salad for lunch. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deana_
on 2/1/15 6:41 am

here are the stats on the caramel chews

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/supplement_facts/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=364

Chilipepper
on 2/1/15 8:30 am

1 chew has 5 carbs.  You need 3 a day to meet your requirements. You need to add those carbs into your daily totals. That's a lot of carbs. They are nice for a rare treat. But I would get some Citracal

Most Active