Skin Removal Surgery

shellp55
on 3/1/15 1:23 am

Hello

I live in Ontario Canada and I am in the process of getting bariatric surgery.  In Ontario, there is a program you must go through/attend including nutrition classes, discussions with social works etc.  The process can be up to a year from when your doctor puts you on the list to when you have surgery and you can be denied any time during that timeframe.  

I am about 110 pounds overweight and I am planning ahead to skin removal surgery in terms of saving my money.  I've tried to find out costs in Ontario (because it isn't covered under OHIP) but haven't found it.   Does anyone know the costs for the various skin removal surgeries i.e. arms, legs, "fatty apron" etc.?  Thanks.

Bette B.
on 3/1/15 4:54 am

Can't help you much, since I don't know how medical insurance, etc., works in Canada. But I CAN tell you that 11 years ago, after I had my WLS, a friend who had "everything lifted" told me that it cost her $46,000.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

kathkeb
on 3/1/15 5:47 am

I spent 8,000.00 for a breast lift and brachioplasty (arms) and then 6,500.00 for an abdominoplasty.

A family member went to Mexico (Dr. Sauceda) for arms, breasts, lower body lift for less than 20,000.00 and had great success with that.

You can try posting on the Plastic Surgery and Canada boards for more specifics.

Kath

White Dove
on 3/1/15 6:07 am - Warren, OH

The works in U.S. normally runs about $35,000 for lower body lift, breast lift, and arms.  About the price of a mid-sized car and will last you much longer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active