Found a solution for stalls!!!!

south2north
on 3/11/15 12:09 pm
DS on 11/19/14

So I am 8 days shy of being 4 months out and I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds for the past couple of weeks.  I eat the right amount of protein & carbs and I drink the right amount of fluids, so I know it is not anything that I am doing, still my mind has a way of making me feel sad or nervous about this process.

Anyway, I read an old post where Valerie said that during these stalls to get off the scale and go into your closet and try on clothes.  Well I went onto my closet and put on an old pair of shorts (since it feels like spring today!!) needless to say, the shorts are so big it is almost comical.  I decided to leave them on so that for the entire day I will be reminded of exactly how far I HAVE come in this short amount of time and to show myself how much my body WILL change in the next 4 months!!!!

Anyway, there is so much talk about stalls that I thought I'd share!

#keeponkeepingon #theproofisintheshorts 

TheBee
on 3/11/15 5:13 am
RNY on 04/20/15

Congrats to you!!  Keep up the great work! 

Tracy D.
on 3/11/15 5:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

bac527
on 3/11/15 6:00 am

So glad for you!! NSVs are great.

Kathy S.
on 3/11/15 6:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WOOHOO

If you know you are doing all the right things use how your clothes fit, take your measurements, how stronger you feel, and make sure you take a photo once a month.  I just didn't see it but when I looked at photos  it was there!  

We look forward to your updates!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

zann50
on 3/11/15 8:34 am

I am close to three months S/P VSG in 1/2015.  I am preparing to move.  Started in my closet...at first I dreaded it.  Then, I started to try things on first before I made decisions about keeping .  Oh my goodness!  So now I find checking my progress more with clothes than the scales.  Much less discouraging.   

BRYLEEB1223
on 3/11/15 8:35 am

Congrats! The scale is just a number, it's hard not to get hung up on that number, but when you have a clothes NSV, its awesome.

Most Active