8 Years ago Today~ Welcome to living a new Lifestyle

huskergalWsD
on 3/19/15 1:28 am, edited 3/19/15 4:39 am

March 19th 2007 I had Rny Gastric Bypass weight loss surgery.

Today is cloudy and dreary outside, temperature to be around 50 degrees, just like it was 8 years ago. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Rain storm and I was having Rny wls. While in the hospital during the rain storm one lightening strike, the lights go out throughout the whole hospital, just like you see in scary movies. They came back on a few moments later, and was able to proceed with my wls. I remember while lying on the operating table just minutes before going under the knife, my boyfriend calls my personal cell phone and the nurse brings me my phone.  He calls to tell me sorry he is late getting to the hospital, I am slightly sedated at this time, . I have never heard this is ok to do while lying on an operating table just moments before having a major surgery.I could not stop chuckling after I finished  that phone call (3 min.)  the thought of a person just ready to have surgery, having a personal phone call and its ok with the doctors and nurses staff that I could take a call. I do remember just after waking up from wls  I looked at the male nurse sitting beside me and said to him, "I need to get ready for surgery". He said you already had surgery. I could not stop chuckling. Again. As I was slowly waking up.

Good News, I have not had any more Heart Attacks since 4/2013..

I am having wonderful things happen in my life to date. I am moving in with my boyfriend of 5 years. Very promising it will last this time. Thank you lord for bringing me someone to love that loves me. Taking things slow this time. Buying a house or may consider an accrege for us and our 2 horses. Arabian and Quarter horse. I grew up a city girl. I have adjusted to farm life now after 5 years of learning, just like I have adjusted to weight loss after 8 years after wls.

I had the most wonderful thing happen a few weeks ago. I was on a search for 7 years, for a half brother I have never met that my biological mother put up for adoption . Had a lot of info on him already. Well I have found him, Thanks Facebook...funny thing I was going to spend hundreds of dollars to have an investigator help me find him, well I went into a webite that costed me $1.00 that has public info and there he was. This is one time I am so thankful I had wls so when I get to meet my half brother I won't be 327 lbs... Have a great day, Stay well everyone.. I love when I walk around inside of Walgreens every time , Sales clerk always greets me' How can I help you be well today?'. . Summer is almost here lets go tubbing down the river, last summer went tubbing down the Niobrara River has the larges****erfall in the state. I've started knitting this year making Hats and scarfs..Still maintaining every ounce of my weight loss..I always say PeaceV   Love, Joy.. Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Zee Starrlite
on 3/19/15 2:05 am

Happy Surgerversary to you Wendy.  Glad you are happy.

In NYC, they do not allow you to take any of your personal belongings into the Operating Room . . . not even your bra, panties or even wear a Kotex if you are on (yep).  So cool that you had your cell phone by your side so that your ex-boyfriend  was able to comfort you while you were sedated.

Where do you live having the lights go off in a hospital?  They don't have back-up generators?  OMG, patients could die if they are reliant on the machines.  I don't think I would have been brave enough like you to have surgery after being witness to an electricity outage moments before.

So glad you are happy and healthy 

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Doingrightin2015
on 3/19/15 2:40 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Happy for you! Happy to hear you have maintained you weight for the past 8 years That is very encouraging to all of us. Glad you health is better for you Glad you have someone wonderful in your life and glad you found your half brother. Sounds like you have had lots of positives in you life the last several years!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Kathy S.
on 3/19/15 3:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

What a wonderful update!  Congratulations on all you have accomplished and thank you for sharing with the community

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active