Please help with my meal plans...

teach2
on 3/24/15 2:01 am
RNY on 12/23/14

I apologize right off the bat for this will be a long post. I am three months post op from RNY. I know there can be stalls- and possibly gain. I've searched for comparable posts, but I would love some of you veterans to please help me.  I know that I can't get these precious FIRST 6 mos. back and I need to make the most of them, which is why I'm writing this novel... since my last log in on the space below my post, I lost no weight- ok- stall. Then this past week I weighed THREE POUNDS MORE.  WHAT???

Ok- I get at least 64oz of liquid per day. Most days it's closer to 70- but I've never gone over 80. I cannot tolerate plain water since the surgery- it makes me very nauseus so I put Crystal Light in the water. Could the artificial sweetener be an issue??

Here is my menu for the last two days ( I promise you I've logged everything!!)

Sunday- ( I have been really hungry lately!)

B- Premier Chocolate drink

L-2 0z of homemade chicken salad- made with chicken (no skin), celery, walnuts, a very small few grapes, and 1TB of mayo

one fourth of a small avacado

D- 2 oz of baked ham with a scant of bar b que sauce on it

1 TB of broccoli

S- 13 smokehouse almonds

one fourth of a Nature Value Almond Crunch bar- no gluten or even oats

three fourths of a Pure Protein Peanut Butter bar

totals-cal- 764  carb-28  protein- 81

Monday-

B-Premier chocolate

L- 2 0z chicken salad

one fourth avocado (same lunch as before)

D-1 and a half oz of meatloaf

1 TB of broccoli

S- Light and Fit greek yogurt w/ 1 teas of PB2

10 smokehouse almonds

totals- cal- 696  carb-36  protein- 66

I need to tell you that my PA said that I shouldn't go over 80g of protein because she says it can cause weight gain. Now, I don't know if she meant only in my first few months or always. I am going to clarify that because many on here say that protein should be at least 100 for RNY. What is your opinion? I haven't had my first labs done yet.  I will go next month for those.

I haven't been totally diligent with my exercise either. I am a teacher and I walk during my planning period most days. I'm working on trying to do more, but haven't done it yet. Things are busy for me right now as far as classroom stuff goes.

Soooo- there you have it. My confession on a plate for you to devour. What do you think? Am I doing something wrong? Why have I GA
INED weight. Am I not using my first precious 'honeymoon' months to the  fullest. I don't want to mess up. I'd appreciate any and all feedback.  Thank you!!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/24/15 5:05 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You might want to pop on over to the RNY board.  They have a "What are you eating tonight" thread so you can compare your meals with others.

Weight fluctuates.  You won't lose every day, or every week sometimes.  I don't see anything you're doing that sends up a red flag.  I've gone three weeks with no weight loss, in fact a weight GAIN, then lost 3-4 pounds the following week.  My weight loss is like a stair step, and it becomes more pronounced the further you get from surgery.

My advice is to relax.  Get some exercise in.  It won't necessary give you a jump start on the weight loss, but it's part of the lifestyle changes we all need to make post surgery.  Hang in there.  Don't panic.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MegZorar
on 3/24/15 10:55 am

Be aware of hidden sugars, like in the BBQ sauce. Sugars make me hungry.

Kathy S.
on 3/24/15 11:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

As GeekMonster suggested post this on the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) and also check out the daily posts where they share meal plans for the day. 

We also have a Recipes Forum and stop by  eggface's profile for great meals and recipes.

Eggface's Profile   I rarely read the message system here. Best way to reach me is the blog email: [email protected] or www.twitter.com/eggface or the blog  ... www.obesityhelp.com/member/mdvicari/

Good Luck To You!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

teach2
on 3/26/15 7:29 am
RNY on 12/23/14

Thank you all so much for responding. I posted on the RNY board and got several responses. I appreciate it!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

David147
on 4/22/15 4:35 pm

Try eating more fish that's really good for you,try not to fry food, grilling its better...mushrooms carrots potatoes are all fine as long as your not smothering them in fat and salt. Rice is also good..if you eat 5 small meals a day every couple of hours you wont feel as hungry

Most Active