Searching for new doc/surgeon in Dallas or Tyler area for post RNY follow ups.

Bev B.
on 4/2/15 11:47 am

Hey guys.  Reaching out to see if any of you can direct me to a surgeon in either the Dallas, or Tyler areas who will take on a patient that is 6 years post RNY, and having problems. 

Insurance is Medicare and supplemental BCBS.

I traveled all the way to Lubbock a week ago to see my original surgeon.  He agrees that I need a scope, and possible surgery, yet continues to leave me hanging.  I am SCARED.  CT Scan ordered by my primary in Plano shows a possible gastro-gastric fistula, and a mesentery swirl.  Reflux is HORRID.

Primary referred me to several bariatric surgeons in the area, however I cannot find one that is willing to either take on someone else's patient, or if they do, they aren't taking Medicare.

Thank you for listening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eggface
on 4/2/15 3:22 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

OH has a Dr search function... box in the upper right hand corner.

They also have a Texas Forum... click on Forums drop down screen for Local Regions

ASMBS has a find a doc search too: http://asmbs.org/patients/find-a-provider

Hope you are able to get your health issues resolved and are feeling 100% again soon.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Cathy W.
on 4/2/15 11:20 pm

You can check Dallas for the list of bariatric surgeons, and the Texas message board so more members in your area can support you with your questions.  

Take care.....

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

emelar
on 4/3/15 6:13 am - TX

You can try my surgeon, Matthew Westmoreland, in Dallas.  His office takes Medicare, according to the website.

GooseGirl
on 4/4/15 7:40 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I'm not sure if Nick Nicholson takes Medicare. I actually used his associate Thomas Roshek and have been very happy with the clinic. Several folks on these boards have worked with Dr. Nick. 

Good Luck. 

Bev B.
on 4/4/15 3:11 pm

Thank you so much everyone.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I will look in to these suggestions. 

Most Active