so hungry

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/11/15 10:50 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Remember she is malabsorbing nutrients & calories right now, Banders & VSG'ers won't be doing that. Her calorie count will naturally be much higher now, but as time goes on the malabsorption of calories will eventually diminish, so her calorie count will likely go down by then.

I think only DS'rs maintain the malabsorption of calories, I'm not sure. The malabsorption of nutrients with DS & RNY is for life, not so sweet, at least not for me anyway.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Modest_Phoenix
on 4/12/15 12:06 am

She is pre-op too. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/12/15 12:09 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Oops, Ok in the future she'll malabsorb, but it really comes down to calories, you take in less than your body needs to maintain, you'll lose.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/12/15 11:36 am - OH

Your logic about eating too few calories is nonsense! You are losing weight while eating 2000 calories a day because at whatever your current weight is, you are burning much more than 2000 calories.

If you truly believe that eating 200 calories LESS per day (eating 1800 instead of 2000) was causing you NOT to lose weight, I have a bridge to sell you... and I wish you a lot of luck in your weight loss journey (because you are going to need it).  The REAL answer to the problem of you not losing weight when you were eating 1800 calories is in your own words: "I was just miserable, so I'd up quickly".

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/15 12:01 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Um, yes. Trying to eat 1800 didn't work because I was hungry all the time and gave up on it. Over-restricting to the point of misery is not sustainable, which seemed quite relevant on a post about hunger. "The REAL answer" was in my own words because it was precisely my point. Was that somehow not clear?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/16/15 12:02 pm, edited 4/16/15 12:02 pm - OH

You started out your original paragraph to which I responded by asking the other poster if it was possible she was restricting her calories too much... And then proceeded to talk about how 1800 was too little for you... So, yes, although you did mention that you would give up, because of the initial sentence it sounded like your focus was on the NUMBER of calories consumed rather than the viability of the eating plan long term.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/15 12:12 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I apologize if I wasn't clear, and I hope I didn't lead anyone to think they could defy physics and lose more weight by eating more calories! Those types of claims are only fit for late-night infomercials.

The point I was trying to make (apparently poorly) was that over-restricting, especially at first when you're used to a much higher number of calories per day, could absolutely make you feel hungry all the time, which is what the OP was talking about. I was just trying to say that slow weight loss that's sustainable is better than rapid weight loss that makes you miserable and could lead you to give up.

Nikke2003
on 4/12/15 12:03 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

^ This! A million times, this!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MAchick
on 4/11/15 10:31 am
VSG on 01/27/14

During pre op, I focused on keeping myself full with good things like low GI veggies,  dense protein, and some dairy. My meals were made up of a big piece of lean protein and filled my plate with veggies. Sometimes I'd have a salad or bowl of homemade veggie soup first or throughout the day. Pickles were lifesavers to me!

newdawnh
on 4/12/15 1:55 am
VSG on 06/16/15

Thanks everyone for your input I will keep it all in mind not drinking with meals is a struggle with me but I am working on it I just got to work on getting in the proper protein and cut out the junk.  

Most Active