Hospital Activities

Jamie L.
on 4/30/15 8:41 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

That is it sleep, sip water, walk, sip water, pee, sip water, then sleep some more and (you guessed it) sip water. I think my husband turned on the TV but I could have cared less.  My surgery hospital was 1.5 hours from home and I slept the whole way home.  One good piece of advice I got from my friend that had bypass the year before me was to take my own pillow from home, the ones at the hospital are useless and who know where they have been.  Then on the way home put the pillow over your tummy before you put the seat belt on.  I did this and was much more comfortable at the hospital and on the drive home.

VSG with Dr. David Thoman on 6/02/2014, Age 54, Height 5'7",  Highest Weight 280,  Pre-Surgery Weight 240, Current Weight 152.8 (4/20/2015)  Next Goal 140 | Total Weight Lost 87 lbs.

Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/30/15 2:55 pm - OH

Yep, as the others have said, you won't need to worry about bringing things to occupy your time.  You won't be there very long to begin with (usually only a day or two, unless it is open surgery), and while you are there, you will spend most of the time sleeping because of the pain meds or slowly walking the halls.

The hospital television was plenty to occupy the few waking hours that I had where I needed something to "do"... and my surgery was open so I was in the hospital for 4 days (but I was also on the heavy duty pain meds for longer).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Maria27
on 5/2/15 3:26 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I watched tv. I really wanted to read my book, but I just couldn't focus for more than a few minutes. While I had the nausea patch on, I couldn't read at all because the words wouldn't stay still! I asked the nurse to take that off pretty quick. It took about a week before I could focus longer.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Most Active